+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what a clown rafa is

what a clown rafa is

so he wont play mitro
    he needs funds
    he needs to replace wages
    he has plsyers he wont play

a club make a bid

and he says he wont sell him for less than 50 mill

if i was feynord id be holding out for every penny and more for their striker
    if antone doesnt now realise how clueless rafa is in the transfer market this surely should open your eyes

get carr back please

he doesnt have a phecking clue

chasing goalies we dont need
    chasing strikers that are bang average at best

and refusing to play a player and then over price him

all because he upset his daughter and refused to appologise

Well we all know a person we consider a "clown" in life.

I can't understand the thinking about Mitrovic. If he's so useless that he can't get into our starting X1 what threat can he be if we sell him to a relegation rival so why try to deter them with a ridiculous £50m price tag? We need as much money as we can to get a decent striker who'll actually play. What is the point of keeping an expensive player on first team wages to play in the reserves every week?

What would be really sick is if we sell him and he starts banging in the goals for Brighton or whoever. Then a few questions ould need to be asked.

Mitro doesn't even play for the reserves...

he gets no football at all!!

he's no world beater, but he's better than that surely.

Thanks for that, Mick. I can't help thinking that keeping Mitro here to rot looks like something personal is going on here. It must be in the interests of NUFC to sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    I can't understand the thinking about Mitrovic. If he's so useless that he can't get into our starting X1 what threat can he be if we sell him to a relegation rival so why try to deter them with a ridiculous £50m price tag? We need as much money as we can to get a decent striker who'll actually play. What is the point of keeping an expensive player on first team wages to play in the reserves every week?

What would be really sick is if we sell him and he starts banging in the goals for Brighton or whoever. Then a few questions ould need to be asked.
    It doesn't matter if he's a really good player or a bang average player really. The long and short of it is that Rafa clearly doesn't intend to play him, so he should be sold. But Rafa is also bang on to say that the possible cost to us of selling him to a relegation rival is around about £50m - because only at that price could we buy a striker who could have an impact to counterbalance any impact Mitro could have at a rival club. It isn't a matter of Mitro being useless, it's a matter of pragmatic, sensible, caution to not give him even a sniff of a chance at somehow relegating us. He might do nothing except bundle one goal in by accident with his arse and send us down. He might lay off the ball for someone else who scores the goal that sends us down. Or he might, though it is doubtful, get past his aggressive temper to stay on the pitch for enough games to score half a dozen goals between now and the end of the season, and send us down. Whatever it is, why risk it?? Are we so desperate for a return to the Championship all of a sudden?

We can sell him to a team overseas, most likely for less money than we paid for him, and whatever he does at that point has nowt to do with us. Did anyone seriously think Kenny Dalglish was a terrible manager just because of the way Jon Dahl Tomasson performed before and after he was with us? The fact is some transfers don't work out, for a whole variety of complex reasons. And the other fact is there are plenty of better reasons to laugh at Kenny Dalglish.

And as to pboro's point about Feyenoord upping their price... I'm pretty sure that most people in the game understand exactly where Rafa is coming from. They're not looking at a transfer deal that hasn't been done and saying 'Oh, well Rafa thinks Mitrovic is worth £50m'. And they're not saying that because Rafa isn't saying that. Rafa's saying that he'd cost £50m to a very specific group of clubs. I'm pretty sure we'd sell him at around £10m-£12m to any overseas club. And if Mitro is worth that, then why would that affect the price of Jorgensen?

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    Thanks for that, Mick. I can't help thinking that keeping Mitro here to rot looks like something personal is going on here. It must be in the interests of NUFC to sell him.
    i was palying golf with staylor a few weeks back and he told me mitro and 2 others upset rafas daughter

mitro doesnt think he should appologise as apparently women werent meant to be there and the language used was no more than is used in training etc

i can only pressume this might have something to do with why he wont get picked

but to put a price tag on someone not getting a game of 50 mill but then say you aint going to pay 20 mill for a forward playing is rediculous shows you how thick in the transfer market rafa is

hence why we are getting told goalies are rediculous prices as he has made it so clear he wants one

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    to put a price tag on someone not getting a game of 50 mill but then say you aint going to pay 20 mill for a forward playing is rediculous shows you how thick in the transfer market rafa is
    As I said above, the price is £50m to a very specific group of clubs, not £50m simpliciter. Be fair.

Also, has Rafa said he won't pay £20m? That's a genuine question, I didn't see his press conference the other day. Every time I've read his comments it has sounded like he isn't actually in charge of transfers - he just gives people names and they go out and do the deals. I think that's what your builder comment on the other thread was getting at wasn't it? That Rafa isn't the one holding the purse strings etc.

i was palying golf with staylor a few weeks back and he told me mitro and 2 others upset rafas daughter

mitro doesnt think he should appologise as apparently women werent meant to be there and the language used was no more than is used in training etc

but to put a price tag on someone not getting a game of 50 mill but then say you aint going to pay 20 mill for a forward playing is rediculous shows you how thick in the transfer market rafa is

hence why we are getting told goalies are rediculous prices as he has made it so clear he wants one
    You actualy were not playing golf with Saylor a few weeks back or ever,why mek these ridiculous stories up man.
    What did Rafa or one of the players ring Taylor up?

Really?
    Why don’t you sell that story to a newspaper? You have a source and you’ll make a packet.

I don’t think you will though seeing as you made it up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)