+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Preston N E (FA Cup 4th Round)

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Preston N E (FA Cup 4th Round)

So FA cup again, this afternoon with the visit of Preston. I think both sets of supporters will have had a similar reaction to the draw, but it does present a winnable tie (each way to be fair). Chris is sure to make a number of changes, with some being enforced due to players being cup tied - players who would have probably been 'rested' anyway.....

So

Any team news?

Our reserve side will be stronger than their reserves?

Sharp likely to feature...

Ched likewise?

Would be nice to see Freeman back if ready...

With the next 3 games ahead, this is probably the least important. While I won't be slitting my wrists if we lose (please not a draw) I would be delighted to be in the 5th Round draw with a real chance of a glamour tie.... Anyway what ever will be, will be.... 3-1 Blades win

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    So FA cup again, this afternoon with the visit of Preston. I think both sets of supporters will have had a similar reaction to the draw, but it does present a winnable tie (each way to be fair). Chris is sure to make a number of changes, with some being enforced due to players being cup tied - players who would have probably been 'rested' anyway.....

So

Any team news?

Our reserve side will be stronger than their reserves?

Sharp likely to feature...

Ched likewise?

Would be nice to see Freeman back if ready...

With the next 3 games ahead, this is probably the least important. While I won't be slitting my wrists if we lose (please not a draw) I would be delighted to be in the 5th Round draw with a real chance of a glamour tie.... Anyway what ever will be, will be.... 3-1 Blades win

UTB
    I think young Regan Slater will be involved,i expect DUFFY to play,Billy as well.i'm hopeful rather than confident of a 2-1win for THE BLADES.Winnin games is never a bad thing.UTCB

Me and FKB jr will be slumming it in the South Stand today, hoping for another solid 3 points ().

We have to continue the winning form and although we'll be playing a few fringe players, we should have enough for a narrow win

Should be an interesting game as I think both managers are planning to make several changes and since the last time we played you at Deepdale in Dec we have 5-6 players back from injury with new signings Bodin from Bristol Rovers and Moult the striker from Motherwell expected to feature. Should be a fairly strong side sout but I expect several key players like Pearson and Hugill not to feature or be left on the bench ready for the League game with the Florists midweek.

Well...narrow win it was, poor game in many ways, but in the hat we go.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Should be an interesting game as I think both managers are planning to make several changes and since the last time we played you at Deepdale in Dec we have 5-6 players back from injury with new signings Bodin from Bristol Rovers and Moult the striker from Motherwell expected to feature. Should be a fairly strong side sout but I expect several key players like Pearson and Hugill not to feature or be left on the bench ready for the League game with the Florists midweek.
    what an absolute poor side your are,dirty time wasters. just park the bus and contributed nothing to the game of football. a once proud side with fantastic history to the side you have today is shocking. good luck to you fans ,but no thanks poor

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Well...narrow win it was, poor game in many ways, but in the hat we go.
    Very poor game, not helped by a very poor referee and a completely useless linesman (South Stand side - don’t know about the far side as I was a long way away). Plenty of effort by both teams, but very short on quality. Instantly forgettable!

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    The number of changes each side made didn't help. Agree re ref and linesman only got one incident right, the penalty. Should have been another two minutes later. Another premiership referee allowing Johnson to referee the game for him. Gets a lecture on not stopping free kicks then two minutes after a bad foul on Fleck stands in front of the ball and ref bottles it doesn't even talk to him second yellow card any day of the week.

PNE seem to have perfected fouling Blades players whilst they are in mid air trying to head the ball. Lost count of the number of times Scott seemed oblivious to what was going on .

We treated it like a training exercise in the first half every move was slow all going through Lundstram who was doubly slow. Really suprised we left Fleck on the pitch he's on nine yellows and in the last 10 minutes looked reluctant to put a tackle in. They never threatened until the last few minutes. Credit to Billy for getting on the end of Duffys through ball for the penalty his pace took him away from the defender nailed on penalty. The service to him today was garbage. He's not going to compete for the ball blasted 20 foot into the air at every opportunity by Moore.

We're through to the next round but I'd rather have a win on Tuesday night.
    The ref was awful - and yes PNE were very efficient at spoiling the game - what a bore to have to watch that week in week out. Miserable tactics. Thought Billy did ok under the circumstances, and Ched seemed to win more balls in the air when he came on than Donaldson did. In fact thought Ched did ok full stop - nice to see him back and looking sharp. We won, and no damage was done - I'll take that.

The Lane was very quiet - nothing coming from the Kop at all.
    Oh, and the pies in the South Stand need to be better cooked - mine had a soggy bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    The ref was awful - and yes PNE were very efficient at spoiling the game - what a bore to have to watch that week in week out. Miserable tactics. Thought Billy did ok under the circumstances, and Ched seemed to win more balls in the air when he came on than Donaldson did. In fact thought Ched did ok full stop - nice to see him back and looking sharp. We won, and no damage was done - I'll take that.

The Lane was very quiet - nothing coming from the Kop at all.
    Oh, and the pies in the South Stand need to be better cooked - mine had a soggy bottom
    Sort it then. Cook some yourself. I'd happily buy 1.
    And 10 for rod!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Sort it then. Cook some yourself. I'd happily buy 1.
    And 10 for rod!
    They just need to leave em in a bit longer - not rocket science. Are we saying Rod's a big eater?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast