+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Magpies v swans

Magpies v swans

Saturday morning comes and the game is nearly upon us.
    There's a mixed divide of two family's looking to get the upper hand.
    My wife is a converted magpie supporter now and her birthplace was Swansea .
    Her family are all from Swansea,one born within 50 yards of the old vetchfield the other up the road off the gower at a beautiful place called the mumbles.
    I have had a lecture on how they are in the premiership and today we will be put to the sword over and over again since the draw was made.
    A minibus load of swans are verging on the the classy meadow lane,via a watering hole of which I will be outnumbered,but more than capable of holding my own.
    The wife knows that today she is a true magpie,end of.
    I however really do hope that we beat these welsh bar-stewards and send them home with clipped wings crying into there leek soup.
    I hold on to the belief that magpies are a much more intelligent bird than the swan.
    I would say I'm a tad nervous on recent outings from Notts and form isn't that great but today we will need to be resilient,strong,ruthless and lucky.
    If we can produce some of our previous form where we are hard to beat,then I feel we have a squeak here today at the lane.
    Got a gut feeling ameobi will score,and does like the bigger occasion,and grant back in the goals again.
    It's whether defensively we can stand up and be counted.
    Taking our chances today will be key.
    I don't think we will get too many
    Hope the magpies live upto there name today.
    We need a thief in the box.
    Come on Notts.

Loiretchersteve

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Saturday morning comes and the game is nearly upon us.
    There's a mixed divide of two family's looking to get the upper hand.
    My wife is a converted magpie supporter now and her birthplace was Swansea .
    Her family are all from Swansea,one born within 50 yards of the old vetchfield the other up the road off the gower at a beautiful place called the mumbles.
    I have had a lecture on how they are in the premiership and today we will be put to the sword over and over again since the draw was made.
    A minibus load of swans are verging on the the classy meadow lane,via a watering hole of which I will be outnumbered,but more than capable of holding my own.
    The wife knows that today she is a true magpie,end of.
    I however really do hope that we beat these welsh bar-stewards and send them home with clipped wings crying into there leek soup.
    I hold on to the belief that magpies are a much more intelligent bird than the swan.
    I would say I'm a tad nervous on recent outings from Notts and form isn't that great but today we will need to be resilient,strong,ruthless and lucky.
    If we can produce some of our previous form where we are hard to beat,then I feel we have a squeak here today at the lane.
    Got a gut feeling ameobi will score,and does like the bigger occasion,and grant back in the goals again.
    It's whether defensively we can stand up and be counted.
    Taking our chances today will be key.
    I don't think we will get too many
    Hope the magpies live upto there name today.
    We need a thief in the box.
    Come on Notts.
    Good post that shows passion in families.

Notts hopes rest on the team selection of Swansea. If they field a "weaker" team that is championship standard then we have proved that with normal levels of luck and we are on our mettle for 90 mins then we can win.

Interesting to see the team selections and Nolan's cunning plan in action

Coyp

It's technically a "one off" game, 90mins when owt can happen,nothing to lose.It's our "cup final" so far, this season

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    It's technically a "one off" game, 90mins when owt can happen,nothing to lose.It's our "cup final" so far, this season
    What would you do if Swansea manager? Put out a weakened team to save the others for the league game, or play a team virtually made up of those who beat Liverpool. Winning can be a confidence thing ..... I think he'll make about 4 changes.

Mourinho played a strong team last night - a forward line with Sanchez, Rashford and Lukaku on the bench can't be bad!

I said on another post,the win against Liverpool will have boosted their thoughts about staying up, I would expect 5/6 players fom that side to be on the bench or left out.A couple of injuries to Fer Ayew Bony against Notts could finish their hopes of staying up.Is it worth playing your 1st 11 for that?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    a forward line with Sanchez, Rashford and Lukaku on the bench can't be bad!
    Mmm. Worth a look Alan?