+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Swansea City [FAC4] 27/01/18

Still 2nd in the league. Mansfield sneak into automatic place too

El Sid gets his mojo back. See below from other fred:-

Hall Of Fame
    Right now, I'm thinking there may well be NO business. Defeat tomorrow and I make that a near certainty. However, I'm fairly confident Notts can pull off a draw so that's more gate money.

Did themselves proud. A good battling performance and will be one of only 20 teams left in the 5th round draw. And the Swansea game is far from impossible

Maybe we gave them a little bit too much respect overall. We were all over them from the start of the 2nd half until the equaliser, then the game seemed to revert back to how it had been before they took the lead. It's fantastic to be in the 5th round draw though and maybe Swansea will find it harder to raise their game at home. We drew at home to Premier League Wigan before knoking them out away.

Only 3 draws so far and one is Rochdale Milwall so good chance of TV. How much is it worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Thin_Man View Post
    Anyone have the attendance?
    9,802 I think they said

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    9,802 I think they said
    Yes, slightly higher than for the visits of Wigan and Wimbledon when they visited as top flight clubs earlier this century, so it's our 3rd biggest FA Cup attendance in the last twenty years (behind Middlesbrough and Man City).

Absolutely superb today. Everyone put their body on the line, kept going and got a deserved equaliser.

We were too defensive in the 1st half but we flew out of the blocks for the 2nd half. Until we scored, you couldn't tell who the Prem team was. Sat back again after the goal but their fitness told.

We hung on well and earned a deserved replay.

So proud to be a Notts fan.

Those players out there today did themselves proud each and every one of them, along with the club and league two. To go 1-0 down against a strong Swansea team and get an equaliser and thus earn a replay makes me very happy and proud.

We stuck to our gameplan and were well organised and whilst Swansea did have large spells where they controlled the play and had possession we stood our ground. After the interval we had our best attacking period of the game and Grant had three golden opportunities to score, a free kick, header and then a long range looping shot that went just wide of the corner. In the end the Master of the FA Cup goal Jon Stead was in the right place at the right time to tap the ball into the back of the net.

It said something when the Swansea Keeper Fabianski was time-wasting in the 54th minute and rightly so got booked as the ref was having none of it. Those who referee at League Two level each week should take note.

I thought the fans were excellent today and the atmosphere in the ground was fantastic.

I really hope that this gives those players a confidence boost that we can now take into the league and go on a run.

We also have our first trip to the Liberty Stadium to contend with, and whilst we've been to City of Manchester stadium in a replay let's not forget we beat Sunderland at the Stadium of Light when they were 6th in the Premier League and also Wigan at their ground so anything is possible. Plus we will also know who the winner will play.

Very proud tonight, let's enjoy our exposure on Football Focus and Match of the Day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Those players out there today did themselves proud each and every one of them, along with the club and league two. To go 1-0 down against a strong Swansea team and get an equaliser and thus earn a replay makes me very happy and proud.

We stuck to our gameplan and were well organised and whilst Swansea did have large spells where they controlled the play and had possession we stood our ground. After the interval we had our best attacking period of the game and Grant had three golden opportunities to score, a free kick, header and then a long range looping shot that went just wide of the corner. In the end the Master of the FA Cup goal Jon Stead was in the right place at the right time to tap the ball into the back of the net.

It said something when the Swansea Keeper Fabianski was time-wasting in the 54th minute and rightly so got booked as the ref was having none of it. Those who referee at League Two level each week should take note.

I thought the fans were excellent today and the atmosphere in the ground was fantastic.

I really hope that this gives those players a confidence boost that we can now take into the league and go on a run.

We also have our first trip to the Liberty Stadium to contend with, and whilst we've been to City of Manchester stadium in a replay let's not forget we beat Sunderland at the Stadium of Light when they were 6th in the Premier League and also Wigan at their ground so anything is possible. Plus we will also know who the winner will play.

Very proud tonight, let's enjoy our exposure on Football Focus and Match of the Day as well.
    We battered them for the first 15 minutes of the second half but retreated once we scored.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast