+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standing free

Growing up in Ft William in the early to mid 90s a lot huns about not so many tims, and quite a lot of Dons and the odd Yinitit fan as well and that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Yep hardly know any tims even at work. Grew up surrounded by huns at school, BB and all through life. Born in Paisley but thankfully all my family are of north east stock and when I started wanting to go to football my old man took me to Somerset park in 1974 and said, "see that team in the red, that's who you support". Being the token Aberdeen fan at school etc just hardened my resolve to support the Dons even more. STAND FREE.

Unfortunately missing the game today. My fifth of the season. Gutted.
    Well done your old man. It's in your blood. You just needed to know.

Well done to all Dons supporters from weegia. Can't be that easy as a youngster but given the sectarian bile and ****e to flow from them must make it a bit more comfortable. Cudos all round.

Spent most of my youth abroad (oil field brat) but I did spend P1 and most of P5-7 in Aberdeen.

Almost everyone supported Aberdeen. Mind you this was pre-1995.

A few Dons like me at school on Arran, but way too many Huns and a fair few of the other lot too (not so smug in those days). Our school team for a time used the JVC shirts (minus the badges, etc.), just a shame we never won a game (one of many downsides of being grafted on to Ayrshire).

Now I just bide with the glory hunters in Philly, I try to remind them how ****ty guff football is and of that great young side that brought down Franco's team. One or two Dons here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Plenty of huns when i was growing up.But lets be fair Ellon wasnt that far fae Glasgow
    To be fair, flagrant hunnery has always been heavily frowned upon in Ellon.

Fraserburgh and Peterhead however, are absolutely infested with the filth.

Quote Originally Posted by EintrachtFrankfurt View Post
    Growing up in Ft William in the early to mid 90s a lot huns about not so many tims, and quite a lot of Dons and the odd Yinitit fan as well and that was about it.
    Aye, there does always seem to be a single random Jute in these places. A lonely outcast forced to walk amongst us, shamed and pitied in equal measure.

Quote Originally Posted by sbswred View Post
    A few Dons like me at school on Arran, but way too many Huns and a fair few of the other lot too (not so smug in those days). Our school team for a time used the JVC shirts (minus the badges, etc.), just a shame we never won a game (one of many downsides of being grafted on to Ayrshire).

Now I just bide with the glory hunters in Philly, I try to remind them how ****ty guff football is and of that great young side that brought down Franco's team. One or two Dons here too.
    I stayed in Lochranza for a while & played for Northend Thistle.

If you’re in Philly though, there’s a guy in their CSC that id be delighted if you walked in and called him a c*nt. I could give you the details?

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    To be fair, flagrant hunnery has always been heavily frowned upon in Ellon.

Fraserburgh and Peterhead however, are absolutely infested with the filth.
    Nae having it. Far too many hun tops at primary and academy. Ellon had/has a plethora.

As for Peterheed, i played for Buchanhaven Hearts and there were 3 non huns in the team me, another Dandie and a guy called Fergal(ill let you guess who he supported)

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I stayed in Lochranza for a while & played for Northend Thistle.

If you’re in Philly though, there’s a guy in their CSC that id be delighted if you walked in and called him a c*nt. I could give you the details?
    My brother played for Northend in the 00's. I was Southend in the early 90's.

I may know the CSC member you're talking about, at least I know a few of them that would answer to that Go ahead, though--I may oblige you...

Quote Originally Posted by sbswred View Post
    My brother played for Northend in the 00's. I was Southend in the early 90's.

I may know the CSC member you're talking about, at least I know a few of them that would answer to that Go ahead, though--I may oblige you...
    He’s in that 2nd Street Plough Bhoys mob. Ginger called Callum. C*nt

Southend were our mortal enemies. I made my debut against them & got pumped 14-1. Davie the carpet fitter up front for them was deadly

I was part of this squad but I wasn’t there on the day —> https://youtu.be/jBIkKSHcdzg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12