+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Artell Out

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Ive heard it all now - slag Michael Raynes off in public and then desperatly hope he's fit for Saturday. Man management at its finest.
    "He wouldn't be playing next week if he was fit"

*******s, and why...because we don't have any other centre backs

Tomorrow is a big day, we need a centre back desperately

What concerns me this morning is the fact that Callum Ainley could be on the move before the end of the day. CAFC are talking up the possible interest in the player by a top end Championship club. I know that we need the money, but we are also perilously close to dropping out of the FL. I see Ainley as the ideal man to provide us with the attacking flair required to unlock opponents defences, as we search for the goals to win those all important games which are coming up thick and fast. If he signs that contract, then surely Ainley will eventually get that deserved move to a bigger club.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    What concerns me this morning is the fact that Callum Ainley could be on the move before the end of the day. CAFC are talking up the possible interest in the player by a top end Championship club. I know that we need the money, but we are also perilously close to dropping out of the FL. I see Ainley as the ideal man to provide us with the attacking flair required to unlock opponents defences, as we search for the goals to win those all important games which are coming up thick and fast. If he signs that contract, then surely Ainley will eventually get that deserved move to a bigger club.
    If Ainley goes we're really going to struggle and with no time to bring in replacements it would effectively signal the board giving up on league football at the expense of short term money.

The only situation I could accept him going is if the offer is in excess of 1.5 million, and not made up of too many clauses.

What are we doing with youth contracts?? This is happening repeatedly, we need to be putting something in place to ensure that we are not getting caught in the same trap time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    If Ainley goes we're really going to struggle and with no time to bring in replacements it would effectively signal the board giving up on league football at the expense of short term money.

The only situation I could accept him going is if the offer is in excess of 1.5 million, and not made up of too many clauses.

What are we doing with youth contracts?? This is happening repeatedly, we need to be putting something in place to ensure that we are not getting caught in the same trap time and time again.
    I don't think there is anything that can be done and so down to the loyalty of the player. Employment law would prevent him be tied without his permission.

We have been quite lucky that other players have signed extensions and just think how much we could have lost with Nick Powell had he not signed and some club promised him a million pounds sign on fee?

If as reported the club coming in for Ainley is a top half Championship club then its possible they could afford a million pounds but is that likely he has only 6 months left on his contract? Maybe half that and more tied in with games played and moves on higher? The clubs hands are tied though and 500k may have to be accepted at this time?

Having said that the PL transfer fees are getting ridiculous and players going for 80 plus million then really outstanding prospects like Ainley could go for a couple of million or more had they been tied to a longer contract here and so it will be interesting to see what happens....

He does look like another Nick Powell and players who can score goals from midfield especially will be at a premium. He also looks quite physically strong for his age as Powell did...all in his favour of course. The only downside for any club waiting until the summer is he could be open to many offers from other clubs and I wonder if he doesn't go, Ainley could be persuaded to sign an extension?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 31-01-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Preston had offer rejected today. Presumably will come back with bigger offer out of the Hugill transfer fee.

Needed a centre back, signed a right back

To go with the two we already have I'd imagine

Update on transfer news. No fresh reports on Ainley at this point. Hope we keep him. BBC reports that: "Crewe Alexandra have signed Newcastle United full-back Jamie Sterry on loan until the end of the season". Aged 22 with 5 first team appearances. Plus played on loan with Coventry last season (20 games).

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    Needed a centre back, signed a right back

To go with the two we already have I'd imagine
    According to some we haven't got any right backs and haven't had for a few years!

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Update on transfer news. No fresh reports on Ainley at this point. Hope we keep him. BBC reports that: "Crewe Alexandra have signed Newcastle United full-back Jamie Sterry on loan until the end of the season". Aged 22 with 5 first team appearances. Plus played on loan with Coventry last season (20 games).
    I suspect that nothing will be agreed until the last minute to avoid other bids coming in....in fact just like ebay!

If Preston were willing to pay 300K for Jones, then I would have expected a bid of at least 500K for Ainsley and if we have turned that down the asking price must be nearer to the one million..or at the very least 750K...But if the club think he is another Nick Powell then it will need to be a lot lot higher! So maybe the figure quoted above of 1.5 million does not seem so far out hey? It will fund the academy for another two years and enable us to sign a couple of loan players as well....
    Last edited by MikeSB; 31-01-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Right back is a good piece of business by the one who many seem to want to get rid of. The signing of a right back means that we now have 5 available central defenders, so an extra loan player in that position would have been a waste. Perry NG, Ray, Nolan, Walker and Raynes can all fit that position. I would go with Perry (when he returns) and George in that central defence. I think that supporters should now give the management team some extra time to see how their efforts work following this transfer window. You cannot say that they have not pulled out the stops, considering the small budget afforded to them. There are whispers of another midfielder from L1 joining us tonight. We will have to wait and see if that one happens.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast