+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Artell Out

Artell Out

Had enough of this now. Whatever he says at half time is always a disaster. Enthusiastic but clueless in terms of tactical awareness.
    Put KK in charge, it can't be any worse.
    Last edited by whosbrianwilson; 27-01-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Things have got to change.
    We deserved something out of the game.
    We can't go on like this.
    Have I missed any Artell sound Bites?
    I'll add one..
    'I'm tactically ok until the opposing manager changes something, then I'm out of my depth'.

Post match interview was a complete shambles. Obviously hasn't got a clue what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Post match interview was a complete shambles. Obviously hasn't got a clue what to do next.
    I must admit, i struggle to understand any interview he gives and agree that tonight was a bad as it gets...

If it's true that the Chairman gave him a 12 month rolling contract just about a month ago when we are where we are in the league takes some understanding? Why not at least wait until the end of the season when we know where we will end up even though some will argue with some good reason that it was a huge risk giving him the job with no managerial experience. I confess I thought he would be OK and be able to motivate the players but alas that isn't enough if you can't change your tactics when the opposition manager does and seem able to know when to as well as the last two games have proved plus others as well..

I don't think he will be sacked or stand down voluntary though even though he surely wouldn't be too surprised if he was sacked but we know CAFC don't sack managers so soon...

Ainley seems to be the pick of the players at the moment and MGarry said it was possible a bid could come in for him before next Wednesday the closing date and the other thing is will he sign an extension if not and the chances of getting a decent transfer fee diminishes with each month as his agent will know who is interested and how that would affect his clients bank balance if he is a free agent, albeit subject to a tribunal decision when its always expected to be less..

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post

Personally I think he'll walk.
    Why would anyone want to prolong that sort of suffering when they have it within their own power to stop it?
    I haven't heard his latest interview yet but I've heard the others. He sounds exasperated and (without meaning to be harsh) clueless. But after yesterday, I get that!!
    How and why did we fold so badly?

I'm sticking with him.
    Passion is one quality we demand - and he has that in spades!
    It's experience in the role that he lacks.
    Do we give him the time to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Ainley seems to be the pick of the players at the moment and MGarry said it was possible a bid could come in for him before next Wednesday ..

Nothing would surprise me.
    The lad was excellent yesterday and he reminds me so much of Powell.
    He is the next cab off the rank for sure!

Did I ever mention I was in the same school class as his Mum, Paula - in Somerset - and that her Dad's sister is my Dad's brother's wife?

Players letting him and the fans down? Only so much he can do from the touchline? What got into their mind-set, once they were in command at 3-1? I am not questioning the youngsters so much, but these experienced old-hands, who are supposed to guide them through difficult patches. Green, Zooms, Raynes, Nolan, for example. Obviously, having seen Ainley quite a number of times this season and judging by reports of him from yesterday, the club have quite a player on their hands now. I think he is a better prospect than Cooper, whose attitude let him down all too often. I see the problems at the Alex going far deeper than whoever manages the first team, but with a board who have lost their way in recent years, judging by how we have sunk so drastically over the past few years. Change is required at the very highest level, otherwise we are going to head further downwards. I personally think there are two teams worse than us this season, but I would not guarantee survival next time around.

Not just Artell out but most of the coaching staff to James Collins lee bell Harry’s Clayton what did they ever achieve in the game answer nothing chairmen thank you but time to put yôur feet up directors bugger of bunch of geriatrics who never put there hands in there pockets Time to start again

Well I said he should have gone before Christmas, and since then I have seen nothing to change my mind. Looks like the team has improved and now capable of scoring and playing attractive football. That is the only change.

Have not got a clue what he says at halftime. but know what the usual result is. The team goes negative and mega defensive virtually putting the opposition on the front foot and in control of the game. When we have outplayed the opposition in the first half why do we come out for the second half and do the absolute opposite? This happens so often. Bad tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston76 View Post
    Not just Artell out but most of the coaching staff to James Collins lee bell Harry’s Clayton what did they ever achieve in the game answer nothing chairmen thank you but time to put yôur feet up directors bugger of bunch of geriatrics who never put there hands in there pockets Time to start again
    Directors of a company are not obliged to put their hands in their pockets. It is not down to them to fund the club. The club should be self financing.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast