+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Artell Out

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    No insult there Mike. The attitude of attending a match and not cheering your own team when they score is ridiculous. What is the point of going? And why single out Callum Ainley as being a disgrace? There have been plenty of others who have allowed their contracts to run down. The funny thing here Mike, is I agree with your view about the fact that players should be signing contracts to help the club. But come 3pm on a Saturday afternoon he, like all the others, is a Crewe player and is entitled to expect our support rather than condemnation. Especially if he helps us win the game. Damn it all we are paying his wages!!
    OK, Timmy, I withdraw my comment about the insult. It wasn't really put into context. I wasn't just singling out CA but all those, present and the past including Billy Jones who is probably a multi millionaire now and think he still plays in the PL. and he ran down his contract and avoided us getting his value even though we did get some extra when he moved on...The question is WHY won't they sign because they know we will allow them to move on if the price is right and so it can only be based on selfish ambition to gain more money. People say isn't that normal and they could be right but as I worked for the same organisation all my life, perhaps I'm not the best person to judge. The fans should not treat them the same as someone who does sign extensions without prompting. IMV at least.

Having said that we have more problems than CA in trying to stay in the league and its probably the worst situation we have found ourselves since Dario arrived here.

Interesting that the three of the top four teams in the National League tonight are Wrexham (Top) Macclesfield and Tranmere. We could be changing places with one of them or having more local derbies which is putting an optimistic slant on it all.

Good job they stuck with Artell. Could have easily gone down without him. Still believe the man is a revelation at our football club and I can see even better things on the horizon for next season. Those three lads he signed this week, together with the likes of NG and Pickering, are going to prove to be real gems in our quest to push for promotion in 2018-19. That is all down to Artell. He gives these youngsters a fair crack of the whip, something that used to be common place although sadly, quickly dwindled prior to January 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Good job they stuck with Artell. Could have easily gone down without him. Still believe the man is a revelation at our football club and I can see even better things on the horizon for next season. Those three lads he signed this week, together with the likes of NG and Pickering, are going to prove to be real gems in our quest to push for promotion in 2018-19. That is all down to Artell. He gives these youngsters a fair crack of the whip, something that used to be common place although sadly, quickly dwindled prior to January 2017.
    I think, to be fair, the crop of youngsters cementing their places in the team are the best we have had since the promotion year. between then and last year has been a fairly fallow period which is always going to happen. Currently we have 6 or 7 plus Wintle. Not been that strong for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I think, to be fair, the crop of youngsters cementing their places in the team are the best we have had since the promotion year. between then and last year has been a fairly fallow period which is always going to happen. Currently we have 6 or 7 plus Wintle. Not been that strong for a while.
    I’d say that’s kind of a managers responsibility, Artells given out chances and developed players and what he’s got from it is 5/6 good quality players.

Davis on the other hand loaned in players so frequently he stifled some potentially good players and fell out with others. In all fairness though he did have some tough off fiend challenges.

UPDATE. OCTOBER 2019. Thankfully we kept hold of the manager who believes he has a dream job. He knows what side his bread is buttered. Working class northern bloke whose honesty shines through and really believes that the future is bright under his command. Hopefully a win against Exeter tomorrow will give that statement of intent a true ring to it. Perhaps we may be seeing a different kind of local derby next season, against a club in crisis not so far away. I wonder what odds Peter Coates would give me on that one occurring? Up the Alex. ALWAYS.

UPDATE. OCTOBER 2019. Thankfully we kept hold of the manager who believes he has a dream job. He knows what side his bread is buttered. Working class northern bloke whose honesty shines through and really believes that the future is bright under his command. Hopefully a win against Exeter tomorrow will give that statement of intent a true ring to it. Perhaps we may be seeing a different kind of local derby next season, against a club in crisis not so far away. I wonder what odds Peter Coates would give me on that one occurring? Up the Alex. ALWAYS.
    Great that you resurrected this thread Alexmick, so that we can all see what was said 2 years ago and to see how far we have come under DA during that time. We were in a bad way then (but not as bad as some would have you believe). Things are on the up and tomorrow hopefully will see us top. Come on you reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    Great that you resurrected this thread Alexmick, so that we can all see what was said 2 years ago and to see how far we have come under DA during that time. We were in a bad way then (but not as bad as some would have you believe). Things are on the up and tomorrow hopefully will see us top. Come on you reds.
    It just goes to show if you give a manager time how things can turn out for the better rather than change them at the drop of a hat. He has the backing of the board which is important and the young players have developed greatly under his leadership. Top of the league at 5pm today

I'm also glad the thread was resurrected, if only to remind myself how much I got it right nearly 2 years ago.
    DA (and Kenny) has made it a pleasure to watch the club again rather than a frustrating chore as it was becoming under the previous regime.
    Will be interesting to see what develops now under a completely different type of pressure -one of maintaining success. If we can survive the winter with similar achievements, then we would be certs for the P word (old habits&#128521

I also notice some names from 2 years ago that are not posting at the moment. Why is that I wonder?

And a lot of talk about Callum Ainley moving on (to the championship) and what a big loss he would be. How times change.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567