+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Artell Out

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    What I meant was, supporters will look back and say
    We lost 0-1 to A but hit the post twice
    We dominated B and conceded in the last minute
    We missed a penalty against C
    The ref was crap, disallowed a goal against D for no reason
    We were 2-0 up with 10 mins to go
    And several other near misses.
    And after all that, we only got relegated on goal difference, and look what happened to.....Newport (for example) the following season, so next year, well piss it.
    That's what I meant!
    Thanks for the clarification, Jimmy. I get your drift. We might not see many more games for a while after tomorrow, judging by the weather forecast. Snow and ice.

Ainley’s value to the club is now pretty much set in stone and subject to a tribunal value. However, the salary and signing on fee that he will be able to demand will be influenced by his performances for the rest of the season. If he continues to turn it on as he has done recently then he should attract the interest of more clubs which, whilst not increasing his transfer value, would enhance his own reputation, not to mention his bank balance next season. Sulk and play badly and the reverse happens - either way the Alex get the same fee and if, as I believe, he continues to thrive then we will reap the benefits on the pitch.

Comparisons with Sanchez and VVD are not, I think, appropriate as they are established players who can afford to play silly beggars.

Whatever the truth turns out to be, let’s give the lad the benefit of the doubt and get behind him and not the dogs abuse that Max Clayton was subject to a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    How many loanees can we have????
    The rules would suggest there is no limit as to how many loan players a club may have during a season (although there is a maximum of 4 loaned from a single club), but that you can only name a maximum of 5 on any team sheet (ie match day squad including subs), but this goes down to 4 if one is an emergency loan keeper.

So no juggling required for Big Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Ainley’s value to the club is now pretty much set in stone and subject to a tribunal value. However, the salary and signing on fee that he will be able to demand will be influenced by his performances for the rest of the season. If he continues to turn it on as he has done recently then he should attract the interest of more clubs which, whilst not increasing his transfer value, would enhance his own reputation, not to mention his bank balance next season. Sulk and play badly and the reverse happens - either way the Alex get the same fee and if, as I believe, he continues to thrive then we will reap the benefits on the pitch.

Comparisons with Sanchez and VVD are not, I think, appropriate as they are established players who can afford to play silly beggars.

Whatever the truth turns out to be, let’s give the lad the benefit of the doubt and get behind him and not the dogs abuse that Max Clayton was subject to a few years back.
    What doubt? Fans can decide what they will about Ainley, but for me he like any other academy graduate who refuses to sign contract extensions when they have benefited from many millions that is required to keep the academy going for the ones following are a disgrace to this club and I would not cheer him if he scored ten goals in one match or got to play for England. But that's me. Jones has still not signed but most probably will like Ray did if he remains injured and wants his wages next season. It all sends out the wrong message to those now coming through. ie we may as well spent those millions on established players and not just that. Many better players than he spent some years here and repaid the fans before they moved on and how many games has he played now?

Otherwise if we are finding players moving on with hardly one season under their belt, we may as well rename the club as The Alexandra Academy Hopefuls and pay the appropriate price on the gate....ie a fiver!

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Perry NG, Ray, Nolan, Walker and Raynes can all fit that position.
    NG - Fullback
    Nolan - Fullback
    Walker - Midfielder - he was literally filling in at the end of last season for a relegated club hardly the best CV

Anyone can "fit the position" but wether they'll do a good job is the question

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    NG - Fullback
    Nolan - Fullback
    Walker - Midfielder - he was literally filling in at the end of last season for a relegated club hardly the best CV

Anyone can "fit the position" but wether they'll do a good job is the question
    My point was this. We have enough men who can play at centre half and therefore the signing of a decent right back (and I hear that he is pretty good) was a priority, considering the club have not got endless funds. Nolan is a fullback, I agree, although he has been a disappointment in that position. NG is a central defender primarily and not a full back. Walker as you say is a midfielder. However, all of these "can" play in the centre of defence if we are stuck. It is those attacks down that flank that require stopping by someone decent. Something that has been lacking and that is why we required a decent RB. Now Ray is fit, that gives us another option at centre half. We will just have to wait and see how this new set-up works.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    What doubt? Fans can decide what they will about Ainley, but for me he like any other academy graduate who refuses to sign contract extensions when they have benefited from many millions that is required to keep the academy going for the ones following are a disgrace to this club and I would not cheer him if he scored ten goals in one match or got to play for England. But that's me. Jones has still not signed but most probably will like Ray did if he remains injured and wants his wages next season. It all sends out the wrong message to those now coming through. ie we may as well spent those millions on established players and not just that. Many better players than he spent some years here and repaid the fans before they moved on and how many games has he played now?

Otherwise if we are finding players moving on with hardly one season under their belt, we may as well rename the club as The Alexandra Academy Hopefuls and pay the appropriate price on the gate....ie a fiver!

I find it bizarre that you would not be cheering any Crewe player when he scores one goal never mind ten. With all due respect that is a bloody ridiculous attitude to have. Ainley, and any other player on our books are Crewe players until they become someone else's. Whilst I take the point that it is annoying that players from our Academy haven't always signed extensions when offered (and for the record, I think they should) you can't altogether blame them if they are offered significantly more money for doing the same thing at a higher level. After all, I am sure most of us would have done the same in our working life given similar opportunities. However, if your approach is to not cheer and applaud then maybe it is as well your attendance at games happens as frequently as the Preston Guild!

.... I would not cheer him if he scored ten goals in one match or got to play for England ..... It all sends out the wrong message to those now coming through .....

Call me picky but I think that's a poor analogy.
    While I appreciate the sentiments, and I too think he owes it to the club to sign an extension (perhaps I'll have a word with my Dad's brother's wife's brother's daughter - have I ever mentioned that? ), but I'd say it sends absolutely the *right* message if during all of that he can still show the effort and attitude to score 10 goals in a game for us or represent England.
    I'd be cheering from the rooftops - and bragging about it at work!!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Call me picky but I think that's a poor analogy.
    While I appreciate the sentiments, and I too think he owes it to the club to sign an extension (perhaps I'll have a word with my Dad's brother's wife's brother's daughter - have I ever mentioned that? ), but I'd say it sends absolutely the *right* message if during all of that he can still show the effort and attitude to score 10 goals in a game for us or represent England.
    I'd be cheering from the rooftops - and bragging about it at work!!
    I think it's good to reflect on things written that may be a bit harsh or on the spur of the moment or late at night and then to wake up and ask yourself, why on earth did I write that or even think that and so in the spirit of goodwill towards all men and what not and being of sound mind, I will tell you what I really think....

Ainley is a disgrace to this club and I would not play him even if that meant losing out a tribunal fee because my principles are worth MORE than a few quid in the bank when someone like him has benefited from the many millions that have gone into the academy that allowed him to be where he is today. So I repeat that I would not celebrate or clap him whatever he does in football from no on. OK I don't go to games much now but I have served my time in supporting this club in days gone by when players did show some loyalty to the club and to us fans...Indeed one or two like AlexMick just might remember a player who was signed by Stoke for a pretty decent fee in those days and I recall his last match here at Gresty Road and he cried his eyes out because he was leaving and had to be consoled by his team mates. His name was John Mahoney. Now how many players do that today.

Please feel free to disagree but once again Timmy has to resort to personal insults to try and get his point across. But who cares about that when there is not ONE person or fan that can tell me that I don't love this club more than them or certainly Callum Ainley and all those who who take and take and give next to nothing back....Indeed like most players in the PL who are no better than Mercenaries...

Football has moved on that is true but not for the better....imo of course!

Please feel free to disagree but once again Timmy has to resort to personal insults to try and get his point across. But who cares about that when there is not ONE person or fan that can tell me that I don't love this club more than them or certainly Callum Ainley and all those who who take and take and give next to nothing back....Indeed like most players in the PL who are no better than Mercenaries...
    No insult there Mike. The attitude of attending a match and not cheering your own team when they score is ridiculous. What is the point of going? And why single out Callum Ainley as being a disgrace? There have been plenty of others who have allowed their contracts to run down. The funny thing here Mike, is I agree with your view about the fact that players should be signing contracts to help the club. But come 3pm on a Saturday afternoon he, like all the others, is a Crewe player and is entitled to expect our support rather than condemnation. Especially if he helps us win the game. Damn it all we are paying his wages!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast