Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
No insult there Mike. The attitude of attending a match and not cheering your own team when they score is ridiculous. What is the point of going? And why single out Callum Ainley as being a disgrace? There have been plenty of others who have allowed their contracts to run down. The funny thing here Mike, is I agree with your view about the fact that players should be signing contracts to help the club. But come 3pm on a Saturday afternoon he, like all the others, is a Crewe player and is entitled to expect our support rather than condemnation. Especially if he helps us win the game. Damn it all we are paying his wages!!
OK, Timmy, I withdraw my comment about the insult. It wasn't really put into context. I wasn't just singling out CA but all those, present and the past including Billy Jones who is probably a multi millionaire now and think he still plays in the PL. and he ran down his contract and avoided us getting his value even though we did get some extra when he moved on...The question is WHY won't they sign because they know we will allow them to move on if the price is right and so it can only be based on selfish ambition to gain more money. People say isn't that normal and they could be right but as I worked for the same organisation all my life, perhaps I'm not the best person to judge. The fans should not treat them the same as someone who does sign extensions without prompting. IMV at least.

Having said that we have more problems than CA in trying to stay in the league and its probably the worst situation we have found ourselves since Dario arrived here.

Interesting that the three of the top four teams in the National League tonight are Wrexham (Top) Macclesfield and Tranmere. We could be changing places with one of them or having more local derbies which is putting an optimistic slant on it all.