+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match ratings v Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Ameobi was my man of the match with Stead a close second but generally I thought they all did well especially defensively although I'm not too familiar with the names as it was my first Notts match for nearly 3 years.
    Lets hope you won't wait another three years marky me duck...

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Decent ratings there but I'd have given Shola a 7.5. Thought he played a blinder in his role both defensively and in attack.
    Agree regarding Duffy. He had a great game.
    Great post but still doesn't rhyme or scan.
    What about the noor part💫

Great post but still doesn't rhyme or scan.
    Fair point! I'll give you that,
    If I didn't I'd be a tw..

Well you get the idea

The match was televised over here and I had a mate record it for me, as I don't get the channel. Fairly dull game, tbh, and for all Swansea's possession around our box they were not great at finishing. Glad to see our defense held well and our goal was well set up. Congrats to Hardy, Nolan and the squad for earning the replay!

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    The match was televised over here and I had a mate record it for me, as I don't get the channel. Fairly dull game, tbh, and for all Swansea's possession around our box they were not great at finishing. Glad to see our defense held well and our goal was well set up. Congrats to Hardy, Nolan and the squad for earning the replay!
    Defense??? Don't come on here with your Yankee spelling, Sid will be after you

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Defense??? Don't come on here with your Yankee spelling, Sid will be after you
    I thought Notts' Offense worked hard in the game.

As bad as the others have been. Notts haven’t had an offensive coach since Fullerton...

Collin 7 - The walking wounded - half expected our physio to scribble an "M" on his forehead at half-time. Looked slow and immobile throughout. Gets a 7 for playing through the pain barrier though, when a lesser man would have sh*t out.

Hunt 7 - Offered little going forward, but performed his defensive duties calmly and effectively.

Duffy 8 - Neutralised Abraham and restricted Bony to a handful of half-chances.

Brisley 8 - See Duffy.

Dicko 7 - See Hunt.

Hawkridge 8 - Worked his socks off and provided the energy that was necessary to wake us from our first-half slumber.

Husin 7 - Contributed little going forward, but did a solid job of shielding the back four.

Hewitt 7 - See Husin. Needs to figure out how to make those long throws a more effective weapon.

Grant 7 - Absent in the first half, but could have scored a hat-trick in the second.

Stead 8 - Largely ineffectual in the first half, but in the right place at the right time once again.

Shola 7 - Quiet first half, but caused chaos for much of the second. Great hold-up play for the goal. If he's fit for the replay, we have a great chance of winning. If he isn't...

Subs - N/A.

Nolan - 8 - The formation and tactics made us very difficult to beat. However, I thought that we gave a fragile Swansea a little too much respect in the first half, and that that allowed them to eventually build up a head of steam and score. The second half was a huge improvement in terms of attacking intent. Was surprised that we didn't throw the kitchen sink at them in the final 10 mins though. I guess Nolan was keen to secure another big payday for Big Al.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123