+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Keith Pring

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    LOL Morritt let in a 60 yard shot from Flowers travelling a 5mph
    You've got a good memory - that match was on 30th January 1965.... by your reckoning, you would have been four years old at the time! Replay was on 2nd February 1965.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 28-01-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    You've got a good memory - that match was on 30th January 1965.... by your reckoning, you would have been four years old at the time! Replay was on 2nd February 1965.
    ADDITIONAL - According to Gerry Somerton book "Now we are United", game at Molyneaux on 30/01/65 finished 2-2 (scorers : Bennett and Pring). Just checked - score verified on the FA website.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 28-01-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Hey Gwru , nice one but this is all from memory , Rodney Jones was certainly in the same squad , let in quite a lot of goals in is early days , but Alan Hill succeeded him and become quite a legend before being sold on to Notts Forest, again I repeat this is all from memory , great days !

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish miller View Post
    Hey Gwru , nice one but this is all from memory , Rodney Jones was certainly in the same squad , let in quite a lot of goals in is early days , but Alan Hill succeeded him and become quite a legend before being sold on to Notts Forest, again I repeat this is all from memory , great days !
    Just remembered 1st game I saw 65/66 season Rod Jones was the keeper. Alan Hill not sure when he joined the club. Sure he was here when Tommy Doc became manager. You are right great days/great players at our level.

Battle of Hastings was in 1066 but knowing that doesn't mean I was there!

So you don't think that "LOL Morritt let in a 60 yard shot from Flowers travelling a 5mph" intimates that you were there Walter?

No Channel 5 goals on Saturday evening in 1965

ADDITIONAL - According to Gerry Somerton book "Now we are United", game at Molyneaux on 30/01/65 finished 2-2 (scorers : Bennett and Pring). Just checked - score verified on the FA website.
    I was at Wolverhampton in the 2 - 2 draw,( I put 1 - 1 originally, then changed it ) Keith Pring got the second goal to take Wolves back to Millmoor. I was just short of being 14 year old at that game.
    Gordon Morritt did play a blinder, even the Wolves supporters we were stood with said he kept the Millers in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Not nit picking at a sad time for all concerned with Keith Pring but wasn't it Rod Jones in goal. Condolences to family & friends.
    RIP Keith

As mentioned on the memorabilia thread I've been going through some old programmes and one is from last game of the 66/67 season at home to Bury when team was Hill, Wilcockson, Harrity, Rabjohn, Haselden, Tiler, Shepherd, Massey, Galley, Chappell, Pring Sub. Casper

Only the week before had we secured our 2nd division status with a 1-1 draw at Blackburn and I guess Millers' trolls even existed in those days as in the programme it lists press comments from that game:-

"On the face of it one of Rotherham's finest feats....in fact they gave an insipid display and were lucky to salvage a point" John Hughes, Sheffield Morning Telegraph

"Surprisingly, Rotherham, a side of little talent or even character, were first to score" Laslie Duxbury, Sunday Express

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Just remembered 1st game I saw 65/66 season Rod Jones was the keeper. Alan Hill not sure when he joined the club. Sure he was here when Tommy Doc became manager. You are right great days/great players at our level.
    Rodney Jones joined the Millers early in the 1965/66 season. Alan Hill arrived in early in 1966/67 season when Tommy Docherty was Millers manager

Rodney Jones joined the Millers early in the 1965/66 season. Alan Hill arrived in early in 1966/67 season when Tommy Docherty was Millers manager
    I think Jones let 5 in on his debut.

I did not attend the game though!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast