+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to be a wee bit controversial

Going to be a wee bit controversial

Yes, we love him and he is also a genius BUT Dobbie must be a nightmare to partner up front . At least twice today he could have rolled the ball square for side foots into the net but missed , always goes for glory himself. He probably wouldn't get away with being so greedy at other clubs and because of his messiah status here , knows he can do what he wants and is above criticism. Told you this would be controversial. Thoughts ?
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 27-01-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Yes, we love him and he is also a genius BUT Dobbie must be a nightmare to partner up front . At least twice today he could have rolled the ball square for side foots into the net but missed , always goes for glory himself. He probably wouldn't get away with being so greedy at other clubs and because of his messiah status here , is above criticism. Told you this would be controversial. Thoughts ?

Was desperate for his hat trick

I can definitely see your point with Dobbie. On one occasion he was trying to pick out Lyle and I reckon Lyle was in better positions when other players weren't picking him out and giving the ball to Dobbie instead. I suppose Dobbie has been like this for the majority of his career and perhaps more so since his return to Palmerston but with 3 hat-tricks this season and 23 goals plus 104 all-in it is hard to argue against him. I think the second goal summed Dobbie up as he has tried to score from mazy runs many times and today it worked out.

PS: I think after the disallowed goal for offside meant he was more determined to get his hat-trick.

Yes, we love him and he is also a genius BUT Dobbie must be a nightmare to partner up front . At least twice today he could have rolled the ball square for side foots into the net but missed , always goes for glory himself. He probably wouldn't get away with being so greedy at other clubs and because of his messiah status here , knows he can do what he wants and is above criticism. Told you this would be controversial. Thoughts ?
    Superb player and tbh we would be in the s - - t without him this season - yes he can look like he is being greedy sometimes but his confidence is sky high with all the goals he has scored in the last two seasons and quite rightly he thinks he can beat anybody when he is on the ball. No one else in the current squad - even the Tan Man - can score
    goals like the Dobmeister so enjoy him while he is in situ as you will not see many better strikers at Palmerston.

Yes on days like today he wins us games but on a few games this season he has missed the opertunity to give others a tap in and weve lost by the odd goal

What i did find intereating (however very pleased at) was the fact that the biggest cheer and moment of applaud/signing from the fans was the intoduction of the tan man

We`d be down with Dumbarton and Falkirk without him. Our squad is bang average at best. He`s keeping us on the verge of the play offs. 23 goals in a team that doen`t play to his strengths. Absolutely exceptional.
    Last edited by Dobmeister; 28-01-2018 at 12:23 AM.

I agree with most of these views, especially that we would be bang average without him. Still stick by my original point that Dobbs wouldn't be an ideal player if you were wanting to increase your own personal goal tally !!!!

We should simply appreciate the fact that we have a player of Dobbie's quality at Queens- full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    We should simply appreciate the fact that we have a player of Dobbie's quality at Queens- full stop.
    Season 2016-17
    Dobbie scored 19 League goals and 7 Cup goals

Season 2017-18 so far.....
    Dobbie has scored 14 League goals and 9 Cup goals

I know what you mean. I’ve often found my self lamenting his decision to try to beat ten men when a simple pass might have been more fruitful. I guess it has to be seen in balance though. For every frustrating moment there have been a few strokes of genius and I fear we’re going to see his second spell as an opportunity missed, and that given the lack of resources and depth of squad at Palmy we’ll be left ruing what might have been. Such is the price of loyalty to our wee team!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)