+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to be a wee bit controversial

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    I know what you mean. I’ve often found my self lamenting his decision to try to beat ten men when a simple pass might have been more fruitful. I guess it has to be seen in balance though. For every frustrating moment there have been a few strokes of genius and I fear we’re going to see his second spell as an opportunity missed, and that given the lack of resources and depth of squad at Palmy we’ll be left ruing what might have been. Such is the price of loyalty to our wee team!
    Spot on mate I would love to see 3 or 4 quality players in the team alongside the Dobmeister but continuing low crowds which in turn leads to a lack of money to buy players is the situation Queens unfortunately find themselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    No one else in the current squad - even the Tan Man - can score
    The Tan Man will be our 2nd all-time record goal scorer before this season is done. I could never say that about him!

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    The Tan Man will be our 2nd all-time record goal scorer before this season is done. I could never say that about him!
    Let's hope he kicks on soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    You missed a bit out Truthy '' goals like the Dobmeister '' - not knocking Tan Man at all just meant his goals are not imo as spectacular as Stephen's in general.

Okay I'll let you off!

JR you are not being controversial at all.

Firstly Dobbie is probably the best player I have seen in a Queens shirt, - however he does have a tendency to be a wee bit greedy at times, - and especially on Saturday when he was clearly after his hat-trick.

His worst trait is an inability to let things lie, - and on Saturday when his goal was chalked off for offside, - he moaned and moaned to the referee and then to the far side linesman for ages, - to the point that it almost put him off his game. I felt the offside was harsh, - but regardless, unless there is touchline technology available what is the point in going on about a decision? All that will happen is that the referee will book Dobbie for dissent, - and that has already happened this season at Palmerston.

To continue the controversial stance, - I believe that the best way to play Dobbie is for the rest of the team to look for another outlet rather than Dobbie. Nine times out of ten they attempt to play in a heavily marked Dobbie and that is an over simplified tactic which is easy for any opposing manager to defend against, - they simply mark Dobbie out of the game!

Instead, - the players should be encouraged to use anyone but Dobbie, (unless of course he is unmarked) - which would effectively free up the Dobmeister, making it actually easier for him to score more goals for us.

Dobbie is a brilliant player who could still play at a much higher level, - (imagine him partnering Connor Sammon at Partick for example) but I do believe that he should be given a roving role who is not marked out of the game, with the likes of Dykes, Alexander, Murray and Sterling being the targets for passes, - leaving him to receive the lay-offs, - rather than trying to beat three or four players before then attempting a shot at goal.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    JR you are not being controversial at all.

Firstly Dobbie is probably the best player I have seen in a Queens shirt, - however he does have a tendency to be a wee bit greedy at times, - and especially on Saturday when he was clearly after his hat-trick.

His worst trait is an inability to let things lie, - and on Saturday when his goal was chalked off for offside, - he moaned and moaned to the referee and then to the far side linesman for ages, - to the point that it almost put him off his game. I felt the offside was harsh, - but regardless, unless there is touchline technology available what is the point in going on about a decision? All that will happen is that the referee will book Dobbie for dissent, - and that has already happened this season at Palmerston.

To continue the controversial stance, - I believe that the best way to play Dobbie is for the rest of the team to look for another outlet rather than Dobbie. Nine times out of ten they attempt to play in a heavily marked Dobbie and that is an over simplified tactic which is easy for any opposing manager to defend against, - they simply mark Dobbie out of the game!

Instead, - the players should be encouraged to use anyone but Dobbie, (unless of course he is unmarked) - which would effectively free up the Dobmeister, making it actually easier for him to score more goals for us.

Dobbie is a brilliant player who could still play at a much higher level, - (imagine him partnering Connor Sammon at Partick for example) but I do believe that he should be given a roving role who is not marked out of the game, with the likes of Dykes, Alexander, Murray and Sterling being the targets for passes, - leaving him to receive the lay-offs, - rather than trying to beat three or four players before then attempting a shot at goal.
    See where you are coming from Jardi but he is left up there on his own most of the time - even young Fergusson was going back into the midfield area lots during the game - could of course be that Mr Naysmith has told to Stephen and Ross to play like this !

Stephen Dobbie can be frustrating to watch sometimes when he tries to do it all himself when he could pass but when it works out with him scoring is why we all love the man.

No surprise to see Stephen Dobbie is the star man in this weeks SPFL Team of the Week.

First goals Dobbie has scored for Queens against Brechin and it was his 5th hat-trick for Queens which includes 3 from this season is absolutely amazing and I think he has only ever scored one hat-trick away from Queens and that was early in his career for Hibs.

Looking at the top goalscorer for this season he is currently top
    Scottish Championship 17-18
    1. Stephen Dobbie - 14 Goals
    2. Gavin Reilly (St Mirren) - 10 Goals
    3. Scott McDonald (Dundee Utd), Lewis Morgan & Cammy Smith (St Mirren) - 9 Goals

I have also had a look at past season top goalscorer to see how well Dobbie has been doing for Queens as we all know he was joint top last season but he also won it for us in 08-09 season and came 2nd in 07-08 season.
    Scottish Championship 16-17
    1. Stephen Dobbie & Jason Cummings (Hibernian) - 19 Goals
    2. Nicky Clark (Dunfermline Athletic) - 15 goals
    3. Tony Andreu (Dundee Utd) - 13 goals

Scottish First Division 08-09
    1. Stephen Dobbie - 24 Goals
    2. Leigh Griffiths (Livingston) - 18 Goals
    3. Andy Kirk (Dunfermline Athletic) - 15 goals

Scottish First Division 07-08
    1. Richard Offiong (Hamilton) - 19 Goals
    2. Stephen Dobbie - 16 Goals
    3. Andy Jackson (St Johnstone) - 11Goals

Here is a list by season of his goals for Queens
    06-07 - 11 goals
    07-08 - 20 goals
    08-09 - 24 goals
    16-17 - 26 goals
    17-18 - 23 goals

The man is a goal scoring legend for Queens and long may it continue.
    Name:  130816 18 dobbie celebrates his goal.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  86.0 KB

Good information there....

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Stephen Dobbie can be frustrating to watch sometimes when he tries to do it all himself when he could pass but when it works out with him scoring is why we all love the man.

No surprise to see Stephen Dobbie is the star man in this weeks SPFL Team of the Week.

First goals Dobbie has scored for Queens against Brechin and it was his 5th hat-trick for Queens which includes 3 from this season is absolutely amazing and I think he has only ever scored one hat-trick away from Queens and that was early in his career for Hibs.

Looking at the top goalscorer for this season he is currently top
    Scottish Championship 17-18
    1. Stephen Dobbie - 14 Goals
    2. Gavin Reilly (St Mirren) - 10 Goals
    3. Scott McDonald (Dundee Utd), Lewis Morgan & Cammy Smith (St Mirren) - 9 Goals

I have also had a look at past season top goalscorer to see how well Dobbie has been doing for Queens as we all know he was joint top last season but he also won it for us in 08-09 season and came 2nd in 07-08 season.
    Scottish Championship 16-17
    1. Stephen Dobbie & Jason Cummings (Hibernian) - 19 Goals
    2. Nicky Clark (Dunfermline Athletic) - 15 goals
    3. Tony Andreu (Dundee Utd) - 13 goals

Scottish First Division 08-09
    1. Stephen Dobbie - 24 Goals
    2. Leigh Griffiths (Livingston) - 18 Goals
    3. Andy Kirk (Dunfermline Athletic) - 15 goals

Scottish First Division 07-08
    1. Richard Offiong (Hamilton) - 19 Goals
    2. Stephen Dobbie - 16 Goals
    3. Andy Jackson (St Johnstone) - 11Goals

Here is a list by season of his goals for Queens
    06-07 - 11 goals
    07-08 - 20 goals
    08-09 - 24 goals
    16-17 - 26 goals
    17-18 - 23 goals

The man is a goal scoring legend for Queens and long may it continue.
    Name:  130816 18 dobbie celebrates his goal.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  86.0 KB

The stats and facts you post on here are absolutely fantastic QOS_KING , keep it up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)