+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things we've learned today

Things we've learned today

1) We are better when we play 4 4 2

2) Joss Labadie isn't serving a 184 match ban for cannibalism as I thought, but is on Match of the Day playing like Bryan Robson on military-strength amphetamine

3) Ryan Yates' hand must be better as he played 30 mins for S****horpe today

Feel free to add...

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

3) Ryan Yates' hand must be better as he played 30 mins for S****horpe today

Feel free to add...
    Point 3, he did come on as sub, but given that Neal Bishop was out injured today, he might have expected to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Point 3, he did come on as sub, but given that Neal Bishop was out injured today, he might have expected to start.
    Indeed. Can't imagine that deep down he was happier losing to a Stephen McLaughlin inspired Southend than being on the tele with his mates against a Prem team but there you go.

Amen to this. Now let us never speak of one up front again!

The players just need to learn how to express themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Amen to this. Now let us never speak of one up front again!
    Now let us continue to speak about the need for another striker in order to play 4-4-2 each week, as Shola is never fully fit.

Indeed. Can't imagine that deep down he was happier losing to a Stephen McLaughlin inspired Southend than being on the tele with his mates against a Prem team but there you go.
    My thoughts exactly. Strange that he chose that over this, as if being on the bench for S****horpe somehow aids his development more than spearheading a promotion campaign for Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Strange that he chose that over this, as if being on the bench for S****horpe somehow aids his development more than spearheading a promotion campaign for Notts.
    This is one of those ones where the truth will come out over time. It'll probably be that he was shagging the secretary at British Steel or summit if its still up there? Still there is nothing to criticise about wanting to do better than you do currently. He was probably shagging the secretary at some ten bob manufacturing company in Colwick Park when he was playing for Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    This is one of those ones where the truth will come out over time. It'll probably be that he was shagging the secretary at British Steel or summit if its still up there? Still there is nothing to criticise about wanting to do better than you do currently. He was probably shagging the secretary at some ten bob manufacturing company in Colwick Park when he was playing for Notts.
    Who told you he was a serial shagger, Queenie?

I learned that big occasions do not necessarily mean a naff performance by Notts. A great performance and well deserved of the press's praise.

I really did enjoy that all-round display yesterday. It was a good feeling to see a full Pavis stand and the cameras showing it from the Sirrell stand. The difference in class showed in individual players but Notts easily matched them as a team and the cameras didn't faze them one bit.

Well done Nolly for reverting to the 4-4-2 system beloved by all, perhaps the 4-5-1 style was all part of some master plan to take control of the universe... oops! I meant League 2. Anyhow, he stuck with Hosin till the final minutes, he must see something there that I miss, perhaps that's why I don't manage Notts and he does. Ameobi didn't have quite the same game against classier defenders but he stayed for nearly the full ninety minutes so his fitness is back and he and Stead have a week to recover and have a lie-down in a quiet room with the windows drawn.

I also learned that a competent referee and linesmen make a world of difference to the outcome of a game - what a difference THAT was to the last two matches "controlled" by what looked like someone plucked out of the Job Centre and sent on Work Experience, it makes you wonder if the FA knew what cr@p we've had before and daren't put another right muppet on display in front of the TV cameras.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast