+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Passion

Passion

It's sad to say this but in the last 4 years (correct me if I'm wrong) I've only seen 3 players with some passion in the vest..

Rankin - alas his legs are gone

Fyvie - how great it was to hear him from the dode fox giving the edge and Robson pelters for not claiming a header.

Noel Hunt - at boab's testimonal lead the line, cajoled and encouraged the youngsters around him.

He must be worth a punt to fire a rocket into the team? From the testimonial 30 mins of Noel is worth 2 gemmes of skippy whose head goes down and the blame game starts around him.

That's just my thoughts... who do you reckon could inject a bit of fight in the middle of the park?

Walter the Softy...

Mr T? , Hulk Hogan?

Guys like Dougie Imrie would bring the right level of ball winning brutality, but

1. Would they even come to United in our current position and
    2. Would they have any more passion to get us out of our current predicament than our existing well paid crop of soccer mercaneries?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    Mr T? , Hulk Hogan?

Guys like Dougie Imrie would bring the right level of ball winning brutality, but

1. Would they even come to United in our current position and
    2. Would they have any more passion to get us out of our current predicament than our existing well paid crop of soccer mercaneries?
    I Pity the poor fools! Brother!

Imrie's the kind we need to iggle and fight but alas Arabdad I feel you're right.

Doomed

I believe the whole club is toxic from top to bottom and no individual player is going to change our fortune.
    Scott McDonald, Willo Flood are no shrinking violets. Paul Quinn an experienced captain. Yet they were beyond shocking yesterday. No heart, drive, determination.
    Wholesale change is required. The training get them away from St Andrews and have them run about Dundee and take the flak, get to the gym so they can bulk up and stop getting injuries. Employ a sports psychologist, hypnotherapist, aromatherapist, feng shui consultant cause it's no phucking working.

I said last season that i think there is a poison running through the club, right from the top, through the management and players all the way through the fans. Watching skite like that yesterday drives the poison even further into the terraces that at some point has to be to the final detriment of the club.

Early doors yesterday, Harkins and McDonald clashed a couple of times with fatty coming out on top. McDonald was soon being brushed off which allowed Harkins to stroll away with the ball. Now ive seen McDonald get pushed around and all of a sudden, nip, nip, nip at his opponent to get back on top. Yesterday he gave up after 15 minutes and the rest is history.

Flood couldnt get near the 2 young lads he was up against but didnt give up, he just could not get on top of them. With McDonald oot the game, Harkins added to the problem!

Quinn was never in the game which brought Robson, and to a lesser extent Durnan away from their own jobs.

I dont think any of they 3 should be playing next week, and they should warm the bench with Lewis, but i doubt that will be happening.

Seems to be a real lack of effort and motivation throughout the whole club not just players. And when you consider that the man in charge is one of the laziest and
    most complacent chairmen in the history of scottish football and has made it clear that he wants out its no exactly the best example to be setting.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)