+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The replay

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    We will be (half of) ball number 4 tomorrow:

1. West Brom

2. Leicester City

3. Huddersfield or Birmingham

4. Notts County or Swansea

5. Manchester United

6. Sheffield Weds

7. Cardiff or Manchester City

8. Coventry

9. Millwall or Rochdale

10. Southampton

11. Brighton

12. Wigan

13. Hull

14. Newport County or Spurs

15. Chelsea

16. Sheffield United

4 V 5 it is then.............

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I would prefer 5 v 4 - but you just know if it came out we would lose the replay!

Nightmare draw has to be 9 v 4.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Not many of those I wouldn't call a good draw home or away,for a good day out how about 1,2,3,5,6,8,14,15 or 16. Pretty much the same teams at home although 9,11 & 13 would all give us a fighting chance. Great 2nd half performance yesterday but I do wish we had gone **** or bust in the last 5/10 minutes as a late winner was always our best hope of making the next round & they looked shaky when we attacked them.

So we've got a 1 in 3 chance of a massive draw (I'm including Leicester as a massive pull along with Chelsea, Spurs, Man U, Man C).
    1 in 5 chance of a terrible draw (Wigan, Cov, Mill/Roch).

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    So we've got a 1 in 3 chance of a massive draw (I'm including Leicester as a massive pull along with Chelsea, Spurs, Man U, Man C).
    1 in 5 chance of a terrible draw (Wigan, Cov, Mill/Roch).

Perhaps we should win the replay first.

BT sport normally show 2 replays.Notts game now has to be the one for a more likely upset along with Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    BT sport normally show 2 replays.Notts game now has to be the one for a more likely upset along with Birmingham
    I think Spurs v Newport will be first choice, then it's a toss up between our game and Birmingham v Huddersfield for the second pick. If 3 games are televised, then surely we have more appeal than Rochdale v Millwall?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think Spurs v Newport will be first choice, then it's a toss up between our game and Birmingham v Huddersfield for the second pick. If 3 games are televised, then surely we have more appeal than Rochdale v Millwall?
    Hopefully B'ham v Hudders is too closely matched with no giant killing potential. A possible upset with Swans v Notts may be more attractive?? Hope so anyway.

I imagine BT Sport/BBC are waiting for the draw to be made before they make their final pick for the 2 ties to be televised (I assume there are only 2 but I suppose they could have one on a Monday or Thursday and go for 3).

If the winners of B'ham v Huddersfield would go to Man U in round 5 then you imagine that would nudge up the probability for that being televised. You would think Spurs v Newport is nailed on for one of the spots regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Perhaps we should win the replay first.
    Bluddy hell, Suckerman, the voice of sanity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast