+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pardew is our best manager in years.

Pardew is our best manager in years.

I take my hat off to the guy....what a job he's doing with such a limited squad.

Even the Pole is playing well now that he doesn't have to "baby sit" the centre halves toes!

Our best manager since Hodgson and more attractive to watch.

Pardew has kept the Pulis defensive discipline and improved it and married it with Mowbray's attractive side.

Whatever happens we need to keep this bloke for the long haul.....a real pro.

VERY impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I take my hat off to the guy....what a job he's doing with such a limited squad.

Even the Pole is playing well now that he doesn't have to "baby sit" the centre halves toes!

Our best manager since Hodgson and more attractive to watch.

Pardew has kept the Pulis defensive discipline and improved it and married it with Mowbray's attractive side.

Whatever happens we need to keep this bloke for the long haul.....a real pro.

VERY impressed.
    Totally agree but we know that in the past Pardew has done well with all the teams he has managed but then it seems to fall away...what West Brom have to do is return the effort and don't let him down in the support department...not talking fans here but the board, they must be on their feet, stand up and be counted don't let him get 'fed up' or bored with what he is doing....support is both ways isn't it?

No you forget. We should have been careful what we wished for. Barry Fry would do a better job.

One defeat in seven I make.it. Running out of games but so are other teams

I just can’t agree that Pardew starts off well then it falls away. Surely that this what happens to all teams. Players com3 and go every season now and you are reliant upon recruitment and then those players settling in. The key is to give the Manager time and why more clubs don’t understand that is beyond me.
    A good Manager is a good Manager. Teams will come in and out of form and it will be cyclical, no different to all team sports. Pardew I would say is an expansive Manager who likes his teams to express themselves. For me that is what West Brom should be about. He isn’t tippy tappy and he does still need his teams to defend. Let’s give me a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    No you forget. We should have been careful what we wished for. Barry Fry would do a better job.

One defeat in seven I make.it. Running out of games but so are other teams
    Yep agree again, I had a swift look at who are playing who and I think we play enough of the teams around us to be in charge of our own destiny...got to get this Wednesday's game put to bed give 'em a good wupping...

On the subject of Barry Fry who was a joke at Blose, but when he went to Peterborough he actually remortgaged his house to keep them solvent...he is a god round there.

Massive fan of his like his style of play also like his honesty in all his team interviews. Just HOPE the board & owner back him & give him the tools he needs .

Let's face it ,

We just put 3 past liverpool at anfield and dumped them out the cup.

Could you honestly see a pulis team doing that ? Or many others?

Nope nor me, so well done Alan.

I really like the chap and hes a good fit for us,

If we go down oh well..... but I believe we will go down fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by GLAWSTERBAGGIE View Post
    Let's face it ,

We just put 3 past liverpool at anfield and dumped them out the cup.

Could you honestly see a pulis team doing that ? Or many others?

Nope nor me, so well done Alan.

I really like the chap and hes a good fit for us,

If we go down oh well..... but I believe we will go down fighting.
    And with him we have more chance of coming back up.
    I see the anti coach is spewing his cliches up at Boro.

I agree, My biggest worry was him dismantling our defensive discipline but It looks like he's keeping it and adding what was lacking. Time will tell, I've always liked the bloke and I wish him a lengthy and prosperous time here.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)