+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Targets. AH very confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It hasn't stopped them scoring though, 1-0 to Preston.

I heard the start on Radio Red and the player who was left out is attracting attention from the Prem for multi-millions, so not us.
    Jordan Hugill i think, linked to Palace

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    What I am saying is we shouldn't be looking to provide the ball to one of two "senior" players. We should be looking at someone that either of the two "senior" players can provide for in the scoring area.
    In Shola's case that's exactly what we should be doing..getting him into areas 20 yards from goal regularly and targeting him. To do that we need a player with "pace to burn"

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    I hope it's Bennett.

Forget all about his scoring record..totally irrelevant. The lads got pace to burn..gets Shola higher up in and around the 18 yard box..where a target man needs to be. Knock downs..second balls..goals all round is what Bennett should bring.
    We haven’t scored a goal from open play at home in the league since Dec 23rd.

I’d say scoring record is pretty relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Can this fred be retitled 'We're all talking bollox and we know we are'?
    El Sid
    Speak for yourself, sid.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Julien Ngoy the latest name mentioned on the internet, I must admit he sounds more promising than Bennett from Derby Co.
    I'm pretty sure I vaguely remember having a dream where we signed him a few days ago before waking up and thinking it was a solid idea as random as that sounds.

I know of him as he was unbelievable on Football Manager 2017 on loan for Southend, scoring something like 40 goals before I signed him on loan the next season (after promotion obviously, keyboard football genius here ) and he was just as good for me/Notts the next season. He is also absolutely rapid, I think I actually saw his name originally as he was literally one of the fastest players available.

He's quite the punt, I'd be pretty happy/optimistic if we signed him to be honest. Obviously FM doesn't mean anything in the real world but as a general idea of a players attributes it can be a decent guide, so much so that Sky Sports News have used it the last few Deadline Days and will probably do so again tomorrow if they haven't already.

I would prefer him to Bennett personally, even if just for the personal reason of wanting to see if he can live up to the virtual version of him

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    What I will say..Forte's probably the quickest Notts player.
    No chance, maybe Forte a few years ago but I can't imagine there's anyone at the club beating Dan Jones in a race unless there's someone very quick in our youth team.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Speak for yourself, sid.
    What I mean is that it's all speculation based on hazy rumour. Why not simply wait for Wednesday when a definitive answer will be given?

What I mean is that it's all speculation based on hazy rumour. Why not simply wait for Wednesday when a definitive answer will be given?
    I am Spartacus!

Speculation? Rumours? On a football message board?

Who'd've thunk it.

With the results going against us last night and Exeter likely to beat FGR tonight we need to show some form and quickly
    A couple of quality additions should help that.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    With the results going against us last night and Exeter likely to beat FGR tonight we need to show some form and quickly
    A couple of quality additions should help that.
    Why quickly? There are still 17 games to play, you can't hurry them up. If you mean "while there are still games left to play and make a difference" then I'm with you.

Just being pedantic.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast