+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So footballers are artists now?

So footballers are artists now?

Is Guardiola trying to usher in a snowflake era or is he fully justified? Warnock, of course, realised that the only way his side had any remote chance was to intimidate City with his players' physicality.

“But please protect the players. Not the Manchester City players, [all] the players. The only thing they can do is that: protect the players. Or it will happen again. The players are the artists and you have to take care of them. That’s why you are here and why I’m here. For them, the players.

“Did I fear serious injuries? Of course. Every team can play how they want. If they decide to play in that way, perfect. But there is one man, in black, and he has to decide what is correct and incorrect. When you say: ‘Why don’t you win the four titles?’ I need the players to win the four titles.”

The Cardiff manager, Neil Warnock, said: “City dished out a bit, as well. He [Guardiola] is in England. What do you expect? I suppose when you’re like that you want everything to be nice and pretty but you don’t get that in England. You get different challenges, don’t you?”

If Monty Python was alive and well, they would no doubt create a sketch with Renoir at his easel being slide-tackled by Toulouse Lautrec.

I thought Cardiff was in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    I thought Cardiff was in Wales
    I liked the Kop's chant on Saturday of "You're just a small town in Cardiff, a small town in Caaardiff..." very funny.

Yeah for sure! Go grab the best plein air easel and go to town!

He's a good coach but a right prat. He's always talking nonsense. The other week he was calling Southampton increable professionals after losing nine nil at home just cause they were playing them next, shut up pep you sausage. For one I like a full blooded tackle and some passion in the game, as a country I think that's one of the things we like best in our games. Also it's easy with his squad and his ability to go out and spend what he wants on who he wants to play like that, other teams have to get close to them and for some teams that means putting the hurt abit on them.

For me I'm just tired of the whole Premier league set up anyway, Ooo they're all artist geniuses who deserve us to lick their boots for gracing us with their ability, **** off pep you sausage. He's improved Sterling no end and is a good coach but still hasn't won the champions league except with a team he inhereted. Oh and could he beat Barrow at home on a cold November day? No I don't think so either.........ha ha

I've pretty much stopped watching any Premiership football, I just don't relate to it anymore. The money that's involved in it, the constant play acting, the constant appealing for handball and now VAR has killed my enjoyment of it. Don't get me started on the constant checking the hair style is in place, hahahaha!!!! Unfortunately it's filtering down through the lower leagues now

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I've pretty much stopped watching any Premiership football, I just don't relate to it anymore.
    I can associate with that.

A 'good coach' maybe the understatement of the season to date on this board. Yeah he's alright I guess but really easy with all that money right?

D'oh

I posted this almost 2 years ago. Can't think why AnMark chose to revive it.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    A 'good coach' maybe the understatement of the season to date on this board. Yeah he's alright I guess but really easy with all that money right?

D'oh
    He's a good or great coach yes but not the best manager as if he was with that coaching ability and money he'd win the champions league every year but he doesn't even normally get to the semi finals. Forgot you're on a personal mission to argue with everyone on here though due to some of us being underwhelmed by Ardley. And yes I know we didn't have a pre season. Enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast