+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet the management team night

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    These kind of people thrive on their anonymity . Don't think any of them would have the balls to say it to Naysmiths face.
    I wouldn't have any qualms whatsoever, JR.

I have questioned and challenged far more important figures than Mr. Naysmith.

However, geography and work will probably prevent me from doing so on this occasion as they have on previous occasions which is a real shame as I would welcome the opportunity to hold him to account.

I have never disliked a Manager so much in all my time supporting Queens - it's not personal, more his approach to the job and what he deems acceptable as football.

I`m probably in a minority but Naysmith does a decent enough job from my point of view. We`ve certainly had many worse (and some better) managers in my time watching QOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    I`m probably in a minority but Naysmith does a decent enough job from my point of view. We`ve certainly had many worse (and some better) managers in my time watching QOS.
    I have to agree with you assessment in that Naysmith steadied the ship when he came in at a time that it was needed and considering the resources available is doing a decent job. My concern is with the future in that relying on so many loan deal players is hardly building for that future and that these players will have to be replaced come the end of the season.

Nith Valley, the solution then is a bit like 'Question Time,' have your question (s) written in advance for Mr. Naysmith.......e.g. "our first question is from a great Queens fan Mr. John Brown who lives in Timbuktu and cannot be here tonight, - which is X, Y and Z"

In that way, tasty subjects can be raised, - creating a more stimulating evening for those in attendance.

Only prerequisite would be that a name would need to accompany the question, - and the question would obviously not be accepted if it contained foul and abusive language.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Nith Valley, the solution then is a bit like 'Question Time,' have your question (s) written in advance for Mr. Naysmith.......e.g. "our first question is from a great Queens fan Mr. John Brown who lives in Timbuktu and cannot be here tonight, - which is X, Y and Z"

In that way, tasty subjects can be raised, - creating a more stimulating evening for those in attendance.

Only prerequisite would be that a name would need to accompany the question, - and the question would obviously not be accepted if it contained foul and abusive language.

Nithvalley would be scare to leave his real name

Quite simple then, - if people are not man enough to send in their questions with their name and address, then its maybe time to stop hiding behind the computer?

Democracy can only work if it is a level playing field.

I remember many years ago writing to a former Queens manager (who shall remain nameless) clearly stating my point of view and when I turned up at Palmerston during a training session, the manager attempted to turn the players against me. He'd pinned my letter to the dressing room wall and I was surrounded in the centre circle which was quite intimidating to say the least, - however I thanked him for doing so and reiterated what I'd said in the letter which caused the players to move away and resume their training session.
    Within a few weeks the manager left the club, which is one of the things that I suggested would occur in the centre circle.

I'm not for one minute advocating that level of risk, - but we cannot make allegations against managers or players without allowing them the same privilege, which at the very least allows proper debate.

So to conclude, Nith Valley may have some very reasonable arguments which should be laid on the table, - albeit couched in terms that would be appropriate for a face to face debate.

Anyone with a question they’d like ask on the night can email them to slo@qosfc.com and we’ll try and put them to the management team if we’ve time ......

Cannot be fairer than that so Nith Valley / Nithsdale Wanderer get you questions about Mr Naysmith fired off to the
    e - mail address above.

If you’re heading to tomorrow nights sold out meet the management team night could you please remember your tickets. The fun starts at 7.30pm upstairs in the hospitality suite .....
    Last edited by palmylad; 16-03-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)