+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Meet the management team night

Meet the management team night

On Saturday March 17th we’re having a meet the management team night upstairs in the hospitality suite at Palmerston.

Yet to be confirmed but we’re also hoping to get a few former players there.

The night includes a Q&A session with Gary & Dougie , a quiz , a raffle and an auction plus pie & pies at half-time

Tickets are only £5 and are available from any of the SLO committee members

If interested please leave a message on this thread

Name:  IMG-20180129-WA0000.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  94.4 KB

Wonder if Mr Naysmith's number one mega critic on the Pie and Bovril site will turn up ? - Nithsdale Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Wonder if Mr Naysmith's number one mega critic on the Pie and Bovril site will turn up ? - Nithsdale Wanderer

There’s a good chance all his P&B critics won’t turn up , they’ll remain hiding behind their computer screens

These kind of people thrive on their anonymity . Don't think any of them would have the balls to say it to Naysmiths face.

I left a message with Nathan but he hasn't replied as yet. Could you reserve me a ticket, please.

Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I left a message with Nathan but he hasn't replied as yet. Could you reserve me a ticket, please.
    For anyone wishing tickets for the meet the manager evening I will be at the St Mirren match tomorrow just give me a shout.Thanks Ross

Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Name:  IMG-20180129-WA0000.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  94.4 KB

We’re pleased to confirm Paddy Atkinson & Steve Bowey have agreed to come along to the Meet the Management team night. Some tickets are still available from any of the SLO committee ......

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    There’s a good chance all his P&B critics won’t turn up , they’ll remain hiding behind their computer screens
    Interesting that the Meet the Managers night comes at the end of what could be a difficult week for Queens with the two promotion favourites visiting Palmy. On Tuesday 13th March the re - arranged Dundee United game takes place (only £5 to get in and kids free) and on the Saturday March 17th prior to the meeting in front of what could be our biggest crowd of the season we host current league leaders St. Mirren. !

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    These kind of people thrive on their anonymity . Don't think any of them would have the balls to say it to Naysmiths face.
    I wouldn't have any qualms whatsoever, JR.

I have questioned and challenged far more important figures than Mr. Naysmith.

However, geography and work will probably prevent me from doing so on this occasion as they have on previous occasions which is a real shame as I would welcome the opportunity to hold him to account.

I have never disliked a Manager so much in all my time supporting Queens - it's not personal, more his approach to the job and what he deems acceptable as football.

I`m probably in a minority but Naysmith does a decent enough job from my point of view. We`ve certainly had many worse (and some better) managers in my time watching QOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    I`m probably in a minority but Naysmith does a decent enough job from my point of view. We`ve certainly had many worse (and some better) managers in my time watching QOS.
    I have to agree with you assessment in that Naysmith steadied the ship when he came in at a time that it was needed and considering the resources available is doing a decent job. My concern is with the future in that relying on so many loan deal players is hardly building for that future and that these players will have to be replaced come the end of the season.

Nith Valley, the solution then is a bit like 'Question Time,' have your question (s) written in advance for Mr. Naysmith.......e.g. "our first question is from a great Queens fan Mr. John Brown who lives in Timbuktu and cannot be here tonight, - which is X, Y and Z"

In that way, tasty subjects can be raised, - creating a more stimulating evening for those in attendance.

Only prerequisite would be that a name would need to accompany the question, - and the question would obviously not be accepted if it contained foul and abusive language.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Nith Valley, the solution then is a bit like 'Question Time,' have your question (s) written in advance for Mr. Naysmith.......e.g. "our first question is from a great Queens fan Mr. John Brown who lives in Timbuktu and cannot be here tonight, - which is X, Y and Z"

In that way, tasty subjects can be raised, - creating a more stimulating evening for those in attendance.

Only prerequisite would be that a name would need to accompany the question, - and the question would obviously not be accepted if it contained foul and abusive language.

Nithvalley would be scare to leave his real name

Quite simple then, - if people are not man enough to send in their questions with their name and address, then its maybe time to stop hiding behind the computer?

Democracy can only work if it is a level playing field.

I remember many years ago writing to a former Queens manager (who shall remain nameless) clearly stating my point of view and when I turned up at Palmerston during a training session, the manager attempted to turn the players against me. He'd pinned my letter to the dressing room wall and I was surrounded in the centre circle which was quite intimidating to say the least, - however I thanked him for doing so and reiterated what I'd said in the letter which caused the players to move away and resume their training session.
    Within a few weeks the manager left the club, which is one of the things that I suggested would occur in the centre circle.

I'm not for one minute advocating that level of risk, - but we cannot make allegations against managers or players without allowing them the same privilege, which at the very least allows proper debate.

So to conclude, Nith Valley may have some very reasonable arguments which should be laid on the table, - albeit couched in terms that would be appropriate for a face to face debate.

Anyone with a question they’d like ask on the night can email them to slo@qosfc.com and we’ll try and put them to the management team if we’ve time ......

Cannot be fairer than that so Nith Valley / Nithsdale Wanderer get you questions about Mr Naysmith fired off to the
    e - mail address above.