+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet the management team night

Entertaining evening with the management team answering questions with commendable honesty even the question put by myself. Probably the most revealing response was regarding the playing surface in that it is regarded as one of the worst of its type with Falkirk and even Alloa's considered to be better than Palmerston. Surprising since I am sure ours is newer, was replaced after only one season and was considered to be a state-of-the-art pitch at that time. Naysmith said that players need much longer to recover after playing at Palmerston whilst his assistant did not hold back describing the surface as being "****". So why have we ended up with such a sub standard playing surface?

Alloa's surface is lot worse than Palmerston unless they've upgraded.

Simple solution is go back to grass.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Alloa's surface is lot worse than Palmerston unless they've upgraded.

Simple solution is go back to grass.
    Well that is not what Dougie Anderson said who mentioned Alloa's pitch as being better and the option to go back to grass does not exist as it would be too costly while impacting on income from other teams playing at Palmerston. it would appear that only a better quality of artificial pitch is the viable way ahead.

The night couldn’t of went any better. All the speakers were fantastic

Thanks to everyone who turned up and made it such a success

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post

The night couldn’t of went any better. All the speakers were fantastic

Thanks to everyone who turned up and made it such a success
    Great night and some wonderful stories from all the speakers - on the footballing side Mr Naysmith in answer to a question who of the young players at Palmy had the best chance of a future in the game went for kid keeper Leighfield
    and, as already mentioned, the Queens plastic pitch came in for loads of criticism from the management team who also
    pointed out that the opposition bosses also do not rate it one little bit.

If y at he
    Last edited by Ftivano1; 18-03-2018 at 02:03 PM.

If you had been at the AGM you would have heard that Queens will not be returning to grass Albertz !

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Well that is not what Dougie Anderson said who mentioned Alloa's pitch as being better and the option to go back to grass does not exist as it would be too costly while impacting on income from other teams playing at Palmerston. it would appear that only a better quality of artificial pitch is the viable way ahead.
    The last time Queens were at Alloa the surface was rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    If you had been at the AGM you would have heard that Queens will not be returning to grass Albertz !
    I've never attended an AGM, so I didn't know that.

I suppose with the youth teams and Heston utilising Palmerston there is no going back on the financial side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I've never attended an AGM, so I didn't know that.

I suppose with the youth teams and Heston utilising Palmerston there is no going back on the financial side of things.

Aren’t Heston Rovers moving to the new 4G pitch at St Joes college once it’s completed ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)