+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Leigh Curtis webchat goes by......

Another Leigh Curtis webchat goes by......

And he still doesn't know anything.

What is the point of Leigh Curtis? He is asked pertinent questions every week and flat bats every one with a generic answer.

Do you think Notts don't tell him anything on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Do you think Notts don't tell him anything on purpose?
    I would imagine that's exactly it yes. Hardly going to have him publish something commercially sensitive when they're attempting to play their cards close to their chest in the last few days of the transfer window. I don't understand why everyone has a go at him. He's just doing his job isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I would imagine that's exactly it yes. Hardly going to have him publish something commercially sensitive when they're attempting to play their cards close to their chest in the last few days of the transfer window. I don't understand why everyone has a go at him. He's just doing his job isn't he?
    My thoughts entirely.

LC is the latest 'let's have a go at' figure. There's been many on here.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    My thoughts entirely.

LC is the latest 'let's have a go at' figure. There's been many on here.

Info???

ConnorOldham: how many signings do you think we will make before the end of the transfer window?

Afternoon Connor,

Notts certainly want a striker and have identified three they want. All three are aware of the interest and would be loan moves from Championship clubs. One player deliberating as to whether he makes the drop down to L2. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see another one come in on top of that. Club has discussed getting a CB in too.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Info???

ConnorOldham: how many signings do you think we will make before the end of the transfer window?

Afternoon Connor,

Notts certainly want a striker and have identified three they want. All three are aware of the interest and would be loan moves from Championship clubs. One player deliberating as to whether he makes the drop down to L2. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see another one come in on top of that. Club has discussed getting a CB in too.
    Typical generic answer with no detail

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Typical generic answer with no detail
    When the twitter-addicted chairman isn't making names and clubs public (for understandable reasons) for it's completely unrealistic to expect Leigh Curtis to do it, assuming he even knows, which he probably doesn't.

People get angry when we get told about signings but they don't happen, but they also get frustrated when we don't get told about them at all, SO...

I propose a new tactic: We should sign a player at the beginning of the window but not announce it, then leak the signing as "likely", let people go nuts with anticipation, then reveal the player on the last minute of deadline day so we've had all the drama but zero risk of it falling through!

Wait! Maybe that's what they're doing with this striker....

Ask him a question about Liverpool or Lincoln and he'd be a bloody expert just don't ask him anything to do with Notts as he hasn't got a scooby.

Journalists seem to have such an ego these days. Why does Leigh Curtis consider himself worthy of holding a webchat?