+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swansea City Replay...........

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    £72k TV money for a 4th round replay. Stick it straight in the new striker pot. Or finally buy Glenn Roeder
    Or return me and me Dad's tenner apiece

Reckon the BBC were impressed with Saturday and how they were treated so they're showing the replay hoping for another good game.

Very surprised but delighted we were chosen.

This means we will be one of the very first English clubs to be involved in a fixture using the Video Assisted Referee. England v Germany was the first in the UK in November, there's only been two that I know of since then, Brighton v Palace and Liverpool v WBA. Any others?

Personally I don't like VAR, I'd prefer to see it only used for red card decisions and not goals as it could seriously dampen celebrations if there's always the thought in the back of our minds that it will have to be reviewed first.
    It can only be a matter of time before we have micro chipped boots and footballs that show exactly where players are on the pitch and AI can make an instant and much more accurate decision in regards to offsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Where we getting the sponsorship revenue from, thought the whole FA cup campaign had been sponsored by Billy Hills?
    The deal is probably tied to how far we progress, number of cup matches we play and whether televised.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Very surprised but delighted we were chosen.

This means we will be one of the very first English clubs to be involved in a fixture using the Video Assisted Referee. England v Germany was the first in the UK in November, there's only been two that I know of since then, Brighton v Palace and Liverpool v WBA. Any others?

Personally I don't like VAR, I'd prefer to see it only used for red card decisions and not goals as it could seriously dampen celebrations if there's always the thought in the back of our minds that it will have to be reviewed first.
    It can only be a matter of time before we have micro chipped boots and footballs that show exactly where players are on the pitch and AI can make an instant and much more accurate decision in regards to offsides.
    Leicester v Fleetwood, where VAR was used to overturn an incorrect offside for Leicester’s second goal. And then the farce when Chelsea played Norwich and the Willian “penalty” wasn’t given.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12