+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If there was one Qos game

If there was one Qos game

in the past that you weren't at but would like to go back in time and attend , what would it be ? I just have to say the Ayr 5-4 game in 76 . I have heard so much about it. The atmosphere, the tension, the goals , it seemed to have everything and my 'tardis' would take me to Palmerston that night in 1976.

Been lucky enough to have seen a number of crackers over the years but wasn’t at the Ayr game either. Sounds like a belter.

The game at St Mirren at Love Street. A cup semi final 5-3.

I was at both the Ayr games and they were indeed unbelievable. Alas I missed Queens Cup games against Aberdeen and Rangers and the European games that followed.

id like to go back and see the queens v dunfermline game in 85/86 season again the 3-1 game palmy was fun and electric that day with all the queens and dunfermline fans squashed in the covered terrace with a line of police down the middle ,missiles flying overhead great atmosphere everyone excited ,then at half time the police moving the pars fans across the pitch to the treggles end ,whiched looked full once thay all got in and the queens terrace still looked as full lol ,just shows you how many must have been in that covered terrace in the first half ,those were the days real fun watching queens back then likes .

I had the privilege to attend the Queens 5 Ayr United 4 game as a ****ager and what a game swinging one way then the other. It was in fact the mirror image of the semi final against Aberdeen as Queens never took the lead until the last goal, in extra time I believe although it is a faint memory,and scored by the charismatic Peter Dickson?. Wonderful night.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I had the privilege to attend the Queens 5 Ayr United 4 game as a ****ager and what a game swinging one way then the other. It was in fact the mirror image of the semi final against Aberdeen as Queens never took the lead until the last goal, in extra time I believe although it is a faint memory,and scored by the charismatic Peter Dickson?. Wonderful night.
    Queens actually lead 4 - 3 Spike before the Honest Men equalised and then, of course, Dickson got the winner 5 minutes before the end of extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Queens actually lead 4 - 3 Spike before the Honest Men equalised and then, of course, Dickson got the winner 5 minutes before the end of extra time.
    Now that you mention it yes I do recall that we did eventually go ahead 4-3 before they levelled and thanks for the reminder. Never will forget the Dickson winning goal however, seem like yesterday but over 40 years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Now that you mention it yes I do recall that we did eventually go ahead 4-3 before they levelled and thanks for the reminder. Never will forget the Dickson winning goal however, seem like yesterday but over 40 years ago now.
    February 18th 1976 will always live in the memories of any Doonhamer fan in attendance that cold night. Unfortunately
    the euphoria soon died in the Quarter - Final as we got gubbed by the blue half of Glasgow team 5 - 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    I was at both the Ayr games and they were indeed unbelievable. Alas I missed Queens Cup games against Aberdeen and Rangers and the European games that followed.
    I was at both Ayr games as well and the first leg is probably in my top ten games ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)