+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Aston Villa

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Aston Villa

So after the dull, but nevertheless deserved victory on Saturday, it's all eyes on a potentially mouthwatering clash this evening as we welcome Aston Villa. We would seem to be getting over our mini slump, which hasn't actually seen us play that bad anyway. But Villa will be well up for this tonight, as of course will Wilder's troops....

So...

Any team news?

Revert back to the side that started v Norwich?

Ched seems like the weakest option we have in terms of a 'super sub'.

Wilson a sure starter?

Sharp some game time after his cooly struck penalty?

On TV again, which is going to be somewhat of a theme over the next few weeks, and a chance to move back into the top 6. Very difficult game, but considering how we played at Villa Park a few weeks ago, I don't see any reason to be nervous. Fancy a few goals again, and I reckon 2-2. But I'll be optimistic as ever and suggest we edge it 3-2 for the first victory over Villa in the 2nd tier at BDBL since 1969....

UTB

Don't think it will be as open as the first game - as teams get wise to us unfortunately.....a la pigs, Preston etc. Hopefully Brucie will be a bit more positive, as Villa are, of course, a "big" team - and we will have an entertaining game.

However, am suspecting it will be more like 0-0 or hopefully a 1-0 shade to the mighty Blades.
    UTB

Will Grealish be able stand up for longer than 10 seconds at a time, that's the big question.

Come on Blades , start of a winning televised run please.

i think grealish will get hit once or twice early doors then it will be interesting to see how he reacts

I would like to see Evans, Leonard and Fleck in midfield with Holmes just behind Clarke.

Our players inability to control the ball is costing us this game
    It's like a hot potato covered in butter
    Simple passes left short or over hit on the odd occasion when we do get it down

Everything is just being knocked down the channels and James Wilson isn't the man for that game
    It's got a very Warnockesque feel about it lately

That's it
    Show Snodgrass onto his left foot and give him all the time in world. Game Over, season probably over

can't disagree JJ - was so obvious that was going to happen. We looked slow and awkward in possession - so resorted to hoofing it nowhere. We can do better than that

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    That's it
    Show Snodgrass onto his left foot and give him all the time in world. Game Over, season probably over
    Thought we did well tonight overall, but the way we play we are always vulnerable to a bit of magic.

Well when you’re on the up you’re on the up. Lucky b**tards.
    Hit the bar and all sorts. They’ll go back up Villa. Daylight robbery.
    Onwards and upwards, we re-group and go again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast