+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scunny away

I've been too quiet so let's stir poo abit. Tomorrow side will be the same apart from possibly Towell for Palmer. Won't work. Will Newell have any impact away from home? Smith & Ball I'm not a fan, not both in the side. Forde will be as usual no threat from open play. Keep Scunny down so they haven't killed the game off then bring Taylor & Lavery on + Palmer if he hasn't started. Try to salvage a point or better. No wind up. How I see it.

Rodak

Emmanuel
    Ajayi
    Wood
    Mattock

Force
    Vaults
    Palmer
    Newell

Ball
    Smith

Force and Vaults...that could work

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Sit in my seat and you will move, just saying
    MT.. that's quite aggressive give me your seat number and we can talk about it

In 1988-89 Billy McEwan's Millers won the 4th division championship.
    S****horpe away was at the end of the season. If I remember correctly we clinched promotion that day (we might have clinched the title - we clinched summat anyway)
    My mate, a diehard Miller, was landlord of the Queensway pub, a couple of miles from the stadium. On matchday he decided that it would be away fans only in his pub. He had not been advised to do it by the police and he had not publicised it. He stood at the door turning away the home fans and welcoming Millers fans with open arms. Not popular with the Scunny regulars but highly popular with our lot.
    We rolled up in a panel van, with about 12 of us in the back. In the pub we invited another half dozen (including Shaun Goodwin's brother) to ride with us to the ground. The police treated us as a coach and we parked with the coaches near the away turnstiles.
    At the end of the game the Rotherham fans were chanting McEwan's name for ages after the players had left the pitch. Most had given up on him making an appearance and were streaming out of the exits when he came back out. A roar went up and the exiters u-turned and rushed back in. Very hairy moments. A disaster in the making but somehow avoided.
    We headed back to the boozer, van rocking precariously from side to side, and celebrated with a shandy or two.

S****horpe Telegraph article - please see link

ah - cannot get link to work - won't allow the 'c' word even though it is a legitimate part of the place name....

https://www.s****horpetelegraph.co.u...-right-1187045
    Last edited by sawmiller; 09-02-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Force and Vaults...that could work
    Think brute Force and Vaults over the defence geets.

I would have put Forde and Vaulks however gwru doesn't like Forde and he idolises Vaulks.
    Unfortunately I got my education at Borstal and not RGS.
    Thanks for pointing out the deliberate mistake with the grammar geets.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Don't worry about GM, he's only going for the violence. He'll be locked up before kick off.
    I could only ever seeing him fighting against the wind to stop it blowing him over

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I've been too quiet so let's stir poo abit.
    You could never be too quiet.

Come on the millers. Will be a toughie today and I would take a point now. If we do lose today irs not the end of the world we just need to psyche ourselves up for another good run.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast