+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Martin Buys Justine Mitchell's Shares. Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    So MM and Trust buy ST out?

MM and ST are business partners in another company and now in United. I doubt he'll be looking at buying ST out.
    Any port in a storm - and this is a ****storm - but yes, this would probably be worse.

Oh for a Euromillionaire... wait...

He said to the SLG we will break even if we finish 6th in Prem. He described that as a "modest" aim.

The boys on a different planet if thinks 6th in Prem is realistic or modest.

Can't believe he's say something like that to supporters.

I'm all for ambition but don't come out with that kind of ridiculous pish.

We'd be lucky to stay up.

He said to the SLG we will break even if we finish 6th in Prem.
    When did he say that? Surely not recently?

According to arabtrust's update

https://twitter.com/arabtrust1909/st...87997157367808

Second image. Bottom third.

Christ.

It seems bizarre to me that the break even point, given current circumstances, would be 6th place in the league above the one we are playing in. Surely they need to budget for where we are?

That may be on a Prem budget. Increased revenue allows increased budgets.

May not be a reference to the current situation. Which won't be break even either.

Justine maybe got rid for their present true worth to distance herself from everything and get out now.

Maybe realised that bruv’s never going to get club back into a position for her to realise previous value they may have had.

Mike Martin is ST's pal. They embarked the Jets thing together and own a company call United Group something or other.

Interestingly. And if my comany law is correct. Doesn't MM have to make an offer for all the shares by virtue of reaching the magic 25% mark? Which would mean all shareholders having to be approached my him by law.

As we see with dodgy Dave King at Rangers.

Edit. I'm wrong. 30% is the magic number.
    My understanding is the 30% trigger only applies to publicly listed companies Frank. Given that United is privately owned don't think this would apply.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)