+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any new talent before tomorrow's deadline?

Any new talent before tomorrow's deadline?

Do we think, or indeed know if we are bringing in any further talent to supplement the arrival of Jerome? because if we don't I can't see how upsetting the goalscorers in Vydra, Nugent Winnall and others and the sale of Russell will aide us in winning promotion.................I sincerely hope I am wrong but we always seem to arrive at this point in a season and have no plan B if any injuries or loss of form creeps in............................Your Thought's Gentlemen and Ladies.Name:  vyd and nudg.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  22.9 KB

My opinion? We have enough depth to COPE with everything apart from a freak series of injuries, and to give players a rest when they need it. My only worry is losing Keogh, and we aren't going to be buying cover for Keogh so Pearce, Baird or whoever better just play out of their skins if called on. Baird may even prove crucial if we do get casualties in many positions.

I also think GR's player rotation MUST have resulted in a more committed dressing room (except poor old Anya), I'm guessing they all feel like they are involved in some way even if not getting masses of game time.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 30-01-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Baird is the most important player on the bench! I still think we need a left back but I agree with Andy an injury to Keogh could prove disastrous!

H but of course that will be covered by buying Aiden Flint!

Roger the last team they will sell him to is Derby Plus they have turned down Brighton's £10million bid

Probably go with wisdom if Keogh injured .Pearce did ok last season though

Hope nothing happens to Keogh but you just swap Davies to the right and put left footed Pearce on the left he won't let us down

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Hope nothing happens to Keogh but you just swap Davies to the right and put left footed Pearce on the left he won't let us down
    We have a lot on the sidelines who 'won't let us down', I think we are in good shape. I would love Lawrence to 'click' into being a clear asset, that would be as good as a new signing to me

I still have concerns about us being short of cover in midfield but then my glass regularly appears as half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I still have concerns about us being short of cover in midfield but then my glass regularly appears as half empty.
    2 midfield places in the side, GT, BJ, Ledders, Hudds, Hanson, Luke Thomas and of course Anya, although I see him more as a winger....

Isn't that cover enough for 2 places?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)