+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: League Match 23: Buddies v Queens

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,647

    League Match 23: Buddies v Queens

    Steven Kirkland is the referee on Saturday in Paisley.

  2. #2
    Tough match against St Mirren (champions elect) but we should be going into it confident after getting back to winning last week and we really have nothing to lose today as no one is expecting us to get a result but I think we could get a draw and to be fair anything from this game is a bonus.
    Good luck to the new players and lets go for it Queens.

  3. #3
    Indeed. Looking forward to the trip!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Deepest Cumbria
    Posts
    530
    Tough ask today but with the new young talent in the team, the best player in the division as well as good away record as anyone fingers crossed for a result. Mon the South

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Tough ask today but with the new young talent in the team, the best player in the division as well as good away record as anyone fingers crossed for a result. Mon the South


    Poor from Queens today but let’s take nothing away from St Mirren who are a very good team and champions elect .......

  6. #6
    How does dykes finish every week what does he do behind the scenes to get this special treatment

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    How does dykes finish every week what does he do behind the scenes to get this special treatment
    We were outclassed today by a better side. Don’t think Dykes was any worse than most today and better than some. It was always going to be a big ask to take anything from this one so i’m Trying to remain positive!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,647
    I have absolutely no idea what Naysmith sees in Dykes.

  9. #9

  10. #10

  11. #11

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,647
    All interesting on the views of the game.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Deepest Cumbria
    Posts
    530
    The manager is thoroughly upset in his post match interview stating that on the basis of players not following his game play some will be dropped for the next game against Morton. He was very critical of the space St Mirren were getting out wide with players labelled lazy so, for those of you who were witness to this debacle, who do you think Naysmith was referring to and just who will consequently be dropped?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    All interesting on the views of the game.
    All interesting views on the game....

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    The manager is thoroughly upset in his post match interview stating that on the basis of players not following his game play some will be dropped for the next game against Morton. He was very critical of the space St Mirren were getting out wide with players labelled lazy so, for those of you who were witness to this debacle, who do you think Naysmith was referring to and just who will consequently be dropped?
    I'm not entirely sure though I reckon Rooney was being targeted as well as Brownlie. Playing 3 at the back obviously did not work and the formation looked like 3-5-2. I also think that the manager should've informed the paying public of the tactics that weren't adhered to and why the players decided not to carry out his instructions within the first five minutes of the match.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 04-02-2018 at 07:35 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    The manager is thoroughly upset in his post match interview stating that on the basis of players not following his game play some will be dropped for the next game against Morton. He was very critical of the space St Mirren were getting out wide with players labelled lazy so, for those of you who were witness to this debacle, who do you think Naysmith was referring to and just who will consequently be dropped?
    Dykes has to go
    Rankin has to go
    Mercer will be dropped for marsh but that would have happened no matter what
    Wonder what was up way beerman last night

    Id personally move mercer to rb move rooney to rcb of back 3 like the thistle game where it frees rooney for marauding runs and merc can drop back in

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure though I reckon Rooney was being targeted as well as Brownlie. Playing 3 at the back obviously did not work and the formation looked like 3-5-2. I also think that the manager should've informed the paying public of the tactics that weren't adhered to and why the players decided not to carry out his instructions within the first five minutes of the match.

    Young Fergusson never tracked back from a corner and lost his man which nearly resulted in a goal and then only a few minutes later Dobbie done exactly the same thing which resulted in a penalty . Rankin stupidly dived and hand balled it when Martin had it covered. Rankin was rotten yesterday but St Mirren were excellent especially the first half

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    Dykes has to go
    Rankin has to go
    Mercer will be dropped for marsh but that would have happened no matter what
    Wonder what was up way beerman last night

    Id personally move mercer to rb move rooney to rcb of back 3 like the thistle game where it frees rooney for marauding runs and merc can drop back in
    Dykes hasn’t the reason we lost yesterday. He’s the easy target for some

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Dykes hasn’t the reason we lost yesterday. He’s the easy target for some
    Agreed, as far as yesterday’s concerned. Rankin and Brownlie both seemed off their game. The buddies were faster, slicker, in pretty much every department. The stand out team in the league.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •