+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Get It Right Up You You Horrible F@cking C@nt

Fit about fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    Meat is readily available in shops, no need to kill for Sport.
    Right, so it’s better to eat an animal that’s been bred and held in captivity for its entire life rather than sourcing your food the way humans have for thousands of years?

You’re still killing an animal one way or another. At least a hunter has some appreciation of where his food came from.

Of course it’s condidered a “toff” sport in the UK whereas in countries with more of a frontier lifestyle like the US, Australia and NZ it’s still something partaken by common country folk.

If you want to argue for vegetarianism that’s fine but if you tuck into a steak bake everyday then I hardly think you can claim moral superiority.

But then Hitler was a vegetarian. And Hitler was a Nazi. And all Nazis are Huns and vice versa. So it follows (using Mason logic here) that vegetarians are Nazi Huns.

Hitler wasn’t a vegetarian though, which torpedos your logic somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Fit about fishing?

Fish can be returned to the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Hitler wasn’t a vegetarian though, which torpedos your logic somewhat
    You only questioned my original statement - so what you're saying is that if I can prove that Hitler was a vegetarian then you agree that vegetarians are Nazi Huns?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    You only questioned my original statement - so what you're saying is that if I can prove that Hitler was a vegetarian then you agree that vegetarians are Nazi Huns?
    Fire in, it can’t be done.
    He may have avoided meat in the latter part of his life but under no circumstances can he be considered vegetarian.

It’s part of veggie bingo. You’ll be mentioning sharp teeth next

Hitler has a bad enough rep as it is. Dinna go classing him as a veggie if he wasnt

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Right, so it’s better to eat an animal that’s been bred and held in captivity for its entire life rather than sourcing your food the way humans have for thousands of years?

You’re still killing an animal one way or another. At least a hunter has some appreciation of where his food came from.

Of course it’s condidered a “toff” sport in the UK whereas in countries with more of a frontier lifestyle like the US, Australia and NZ it’s still something partaken by common country folk.

If you want to argue for vegetarianism that’s fine but if you tuck into a steak bake everyday then I hardly think you can claim moral superiority.

But then Hitler was a vegetarian. And Hitler was a Nazi. And all Nazis are Huns and vice versa. So it follows (using Mason logic here) that vegetarians are Nazi Huns.
    Not saying it is better, just that hunting for food to survive is no longer necessary in the majority of places.
    Killing for fun then hiding behind the excuse that it is for food doesn’t hold with me.
    My personal choice is to not eat meat, however, I do respect the right of others to feed themselves to suit themselves, I just can’t accept killing for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He may have avoided meat in the latter part of his life but under no circumstances can he be considered vegetarian.
    Excuse my ignorance, but isn't avoiding meat the main point of vegetarianism?

It's as absurd as saying
    He may have sent millions of Jews to death camps in the latter part of his life but under no circumstances can he be considered genocidal.
    I'm not knocking vegetarians. Just because a few nutters like Hitler and Morrisey are members of that club, it doesn't reflect on everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but isn't avoiding meat the main point of vegetarianism?

It's as absurd as saying

I'm not knocking vegetarians. Just because a few nutters like Hitler and Morrisey are members of that club, it doesn't reflect on everyone else.

There’s a difference. For instance, my mum (mums are exempt from the rules) makes a lovely veggie leek & potato soup which I can’t eat, due to the massive lump of ham that sits in the pot first. Simply avoiding meat with your dinner isn’t enough. Hitler would not be classed as a veggie these days. More of a flexitarian

Leave Morrissey out it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast