+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Get It Right Up You You Horrible F@cking C@nt

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Fit about fishing?
    I read that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Right, so it’s better to eat an animal that’s been bred and held in captivity for its entire life rather than sourcing your food the way humans have for thousands of years?

You’re still killing an animal one way or another. At least a hunter has some appreciation of where his food came from.

Of course it’s condidered a “toff” sport in the UK whereas in countries with more of a frontier lifestyle like the US, Australia and NZ it’s still something partaken by common country folk.

If you want to argue for vegetarianism that’s fine but if you tuck into a steak bake everyday then I hardly think you can claim moral superiority.

But then Hitler was a vegetarian. And Hitler was a Nazi. And all Nazis are Huns and vice versa. So it follows (using Mason logic here) that vegetarians are Nazi Huns.
    Yep but a fatal flaw in that argument is that primitive humans were hunting animals for necessity rather than sport. In other words if they didn't eat they and their families would starve. I would hope we have moved on a bit since then. I am and continue to be against the killing of animals for sport regardless of whether they are eaten or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Yep but a fatal flaw in that argument is that primitive humans were hunting animals for necessity rather than sport. In other words if they didn't eat they and their families would starve. I would hope we have moved on a bit since then. I am and continue to be against the killing of animals for sport regardless of whether they are eaten or not.
    There’s no fatal flaw in the argument unless you make a coherent case that farming animals for slaughter is OK but hunting isn’t. Someone has to kill the animal you’re eating. Decrying one form of animal killing because it’s ‘sport’ is ridiculous. Most people who hunt do it because it’s part of their culture of taught to them by a relative, not because they get some with weird kick out of killing animals. Not everyone lives next door to a Tesco metro where you can walk in and someone else has taken care of all the messy business you’d rather not think about.

Hmm. I'm sorry there is a big difference. Chasing after some poor bist with a gun and hoping the first shot despatches it as humanely as possible ain't the same thing as farming animals for food. Are you saying foxhunting is ok because its a cultural thing ?

Nobody eats meat out of necessity in the UK. They do it solely to tickle their tastebuds

I don’t draw a distinction between farming animals or hunting. Both are done by total weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Nobody eats meat out of necessity in the UK. They do it solely to tickle their tastebuds

I don’t draw a distinction between farming animals or hunting. Both are done by total weirdos
    Are you a veggie?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Are you a veggie?
    Yeah but I don’t like talking about it

You are probably right about the necessity thing nowadays. Does that mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on hunting because that makes me a hypocrite ? Personally I struggle with the idea of something being killed because I find it tasty. I've now convinced myself that I can have no valid contribution to make on this subject and am off to have a burger :-)

I have toyed with the idea of going Veggie for a long time now. My wife is a vegetarian and 99% of my meals dont contain meat, though this is through ease of cooking rather than an actual hatred of meat. That said, I have struggled over the last few years with accepting that I eat meat from slaughtered animals. My wife on other hand just doesnt like the taste and texture of meat (get yer heads out the gutter), though accepts that eating meat is normal and doesnt judge anyone for it.

My own issue is that I am an avid supporter of the Anti-Dog meat trade, while still openly eating meat from farm animals here in the UK. My issue with dog meat though is through the treatment of the animals, as being opposed to actually eating the meat, but nonetheless I fear there is a hint of hypocrisy on my part and something that i struggle with. I dare say i will make the full change to Vege at some point.

Yeah but I don’t like talking about it
    Blade

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast