+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: cutting edge

cutting edge

never looked like scoring,other than baldock. wilson poor. leonard did he play tonight. evans our best player subd . clarke just not in game. duffy needs to be in the team. the pattern of the game is laboured na. basham is a shadow of his early form . its looking like a struggle na. expectations lowered for me .

It really isn't rocket science. At home in particular we have to pass the ball a thousand times on either touchline in silly fu c ki ng triangles before passing it back to the halfway line or losing it.
    Our strikers get f u c k all service in the box which is why Clarke and Sharp haven't scored for weeks,(f u c k the penalty).

At the other end we let that cu nt Snodgrass take an hour to size up a sweet curler.
    Other teams don't let us have that luxury.

Those are the 2 fundamental problems.
    Ponderous and waiting for the opposition to get behind the ball and set up in attack,and slow to close down,press and win the ball at the back.

I can't believe the loss of Coutts is entirely to blame for this, we played well but lost a few games after his injury, but now there seems to have been a complete change in every single thing we do.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    I can't believe the loss of Coutts is entirely to blame for this, we played well but lost a few games after his injury, but now there seems to have been a complete change in every single thing we do.
    having watched the game at home on sky again ,how we didnt win that game is so phucking frustrating. it comes down to quality on the ball,we lack the quality where it counts in and around opositions box. ie a snodgrass that can pull a worldie out to settle a game. is brooks the answer ,ched. too many games have we dropped points because of no quality when needed ,whether it be crossing , or a through ball or finishing. we are so close its phucking infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    It really isn't rocket science. At home in particular we have to pass the ball a thousand times on either touchline in silly fu c ki ng triangles before passing it back to the halfway line or losing it.
    Our strikers get f u c k all service in the box which is why Clarke and Sharp haven't scored for weeks,(f u c k the penalty).

At the other end we let that cu nt Snodgrass take an hour to size up a sweet curler.
    Other teams don't let us have that luxury.

Those are the 2 fundamental problems.
    Ponderous and waiting for the opposition to get behind the ball and set up in attack,and slow to close down,press and win the ball at the back.
    I remember someone saying to me during last nights game, "It will take a pearler to win this game and its usually against us", This got a reply of yeah, Birmingham, Norwich etc to name a couple",

What I would say to this though and on reflection, Were these goals against us preventable, ? as our defenders are not very good at closing down because when we have a shot it always seems to get blocked or deflected..

Last nights Villa goal when I first saw it I thought, Well that was a beauty, as it was in as soon as it left his foot so to speak (I was directly behind Snodgrass as he hit the shot)

I have since though seen it a few times and it seems to me that the more I see it the more I think that anyone could have done the same in those circumstances.

Baldock stands far too much off him and even invites him leftwards to tee it up. Then there's the positioning of Moore ? (I might get some stick here) as if he saw Baldock showing Snodgrass the left side then why couldn't he just take half a step to his right as that was all that was needed for him to get a hand to it.

I know its all what ifs and buts etc but it angers me when people say that the goals against us are usually spectacular when at the end of the day A Goal is a Goal is a Goal.