+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Immediate thoughts

Immediate thoughts

Didn’t deserve to lose HOWEVER we seriously lack the final ball. So much messing around outside the box that came to nothing. We’ve got to find balance in the side. Thought Evans was our best player and shouldn’t have taken him off. Wilson’s first touch needs to be better. I can’t say I’m angry. More frustrated. Has anyone found Ryan Leonard yet?

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Didn’t deserve to lose HOWEVER we seriously lack the final ball. So much messing around outside the box that came to nothing. We’ve got to find balance in the side. Thought Evans was our best player and shouldn’t have taken him off. Wilson’s first touch needs to be better. I can’t say I’m angry. More frustrated. Has anyone found Ryan Leonard yet?
    our strikers were garbage tonight . wilder as to find the right combo leonard evans fleck is not the right one in mid. evans duffy fleck. but its our strikers that worry me. theres just sommat missing in current form.

after continuous steps forward, I think we need to take a couple of steps back before we go forwards again -

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    after continuous steps forward, I think we need to take a couple of steps back before we go forwards again -
    We shouldn't be looking to step back at all. Maybe a period of stability before moving onwards and upward but, please. let's not even contemplate regressing.

I doubt that CW is looking at any backward steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    our strikers were garbage tonight . wilder as to find the right combo leonard evans fleck is not the right one in mid. evans duffy fleck. but its our strikers that worry me. theres just sommat missing in current form.
    Absolutely not so.
    They haven't had decent supply since the Sunderland game.
    Why do you think Clarke and Sharp haven't scored for so long?
    We spend our time f u cking about playing ba st rd triangles until we lose the ball on either touchline.
    Get the ball in to Clarke/Sharp and they will score.
    Donaldson does ok away from home because he has space to work and pace to exploit it.

Evening lads - watching at home I thought you looked well organised, quick with the passing and a threat going forward - kept our keeper busy when we gave yours nowt to do but pick the ball out of the net once. Hogan has been in form recently and he was kept quiet due to our incessant high ball approach.

You were unlucky, good luck in the cup and the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    We shouldn't be looking to step back at all. Maybe a period of stability before moving onwards and upward but, please. let's not even contemplate regressing.

I doubt that CW is looking at any backward steps.
    I just think we need to learn a few harsh lessons, and suffer defeats like tonight, to wise up/regroup and get going forward again. Think we got it wrong tonight and it always felt like we were vulnerable to counter attacks. Their pressing in the second half made us look poor on the ball. The long ball tactic just felt wrong.

We have lost our 2 best attacking midfielders, and have brought in a lot of new ones...........its going to take a while to sort this out. I still think we need some pace up front.

Snodgrass has scored goals like that all his career.

Shame our defence gifted him the space he needed to drive in from the right and unload an unstopable shot with his left peg.

Great goal,crap defending.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Didn't deserve to lose but if you take off your best performing player in Evans and replace him with Lundstram then the ball will just go sideways. First half made them look ordinary. Stage was set second half to go with a more attacking formation but as usual we didn't start the second half well and they came more into it. Just don't understand the substitutions we lost momentum and went backwards. Worringly the goals have dried up despite all the good play. Their goalkeeper pulled off some good saves but you would expect that. They have one shot and score just happens too often, thats the difference between top end championship and mid table also rans.
    Pretty much bang on. Subs were weird. Can argue Wilson looked tired but Evans was pulling the strings and that just didn’t make sense.

I'm guessing here but all 3 that went off were newbies and I'd say they probably aren't as fit as the rest and can't play our high tempo style for a full 90 minutes yet

Can't lay the blame for their goal totally at Stevens feet,he was left exposed on his own with a player overlapping on his outside and before anybody says he should have left him that's so easy to do sat in the stands however out on the pitch you see it time and again in both footy and rugby where the defender tries to cover what might happen,I'd be askin questions about where his cover was

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast