+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Immediate thoughts

I don't know what this high tempo game is we're supposed to be playing. Our high tempo game has become non existent.
    It's slow, ponderous, laboured and f uckin boring. And the absolute zero decibel level from the crowd was justified, it was sh it.

We were around the back of the opponents defence at will earlier in the season but we haven't done it since November.
    Our midfield drove at the defence earlier in the season now they pass it backwards, or wide of course.

We labour down one wing until it becomes obvious we're going nowhere, then we pass backwards, then try down the other wing until it becomes obvious we're going nowhere, then we pass backwards, then hoof a long ball down the channels

It's now become a cross between Adkins aimless tippy tappy from side to side and back again until they lose it and Warnock & Blackwell's aimless hoofball which we were never in control of to begin with.

If we're going to play 5 across the middle the two wing backs better get doing some damage in the opponents last third otherwise we might as well play a more traditional method. Neither of them are doing anything lately, they're never in a position to get a cross in and the odd occasion they are they f uck about until the chance has gone, and then backwards it comes again.

High tempo isn't just with the ball you could see how hard they all work off the ball if you can't then I'm wasting my time,I agree it's become laboured but the midfield has changed yet again so will take time to gell,got to agree there's too much fck in about around the box but we had players prepared to have a pop at last

Taking into account the size and cost of the respective squads I think overall we have done an amazing job not just to be disappointed with the loss but that we didn't take all 3 pts

One thing you couldn't call that game tonight was boring their keeper made 3 or 4 top class saves

It's OFF THE BALL that is our problem. The movement just isn't there anymore. I don't know what's happened, but we've turned from a good entertaining team win lose or draw into a drab, monotonous, boring Blackwell tribute team

I think we’ve turned into the arsenal of the championship. The nearly team. I don’t think we’ve played as well as we can since we played Leeds away. I thought our tempo with and without the ball, our pressing and our counter play was superb that game. We seemed to have gone backwards BUT once we gel it will gel and next season we will be a consistent force. UTB

And I’m going to go out on a limb and say IF we expect to challenge then we still have to buy better. I’ve looked at the game again on sky and Basham didn’t have a good game. Against top players he’s clumbsy. Lundstram is not good enough. Evans is so much better and will get better. Let’s be ruthless and honest and stop sugar coating it. I trust wilder to make the right decisions as he can’t stand there and watch players failing to live up to the standard anymore than we can. UTB

I despair!! We’ve an opposing fan here saying how well we played and have had similar remarks from other fans during the season yet there is still some can’t see it. Comparing Wilder with Blackwell and Adkins WOW!!! I think Wilder has worked a miracle to get us where we are in such a short time and doing it playing entertaining football. Short memories some have!!

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    I despair!! We’ve an opposing fan here saying how well we played and have had similar remarks from other fans during the season yet there is still some can’t see it. Comparing Wilder with Blackwell and Adkins WOW!!! I think Wilder has worked a miracle to get us where we are in such a short time and doing it playing entertaining football. Short memories some have!!
    I think it we had conceded in a different way, it might not have felt so bad CJJ - but in the last minute like that is heartbreaking and sure to prompt emotive reactions unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    I'm guessing here but all 3 that went off were newbies and I'd say they probably aren't as fit as the rest and can't play our high tempo style for a full 90 minutes yet

Can't lay the blame for their goal totally at Stevens feet,he was left exposed on his own with a player overlapping on his outside and before anybody says he should have left him that's so easy to do sat in the stands however out on the pitch you see it time and again in both footy and rugby where the defender tries to cover what might happen,I'd be askin questions about where his cover was
    SBT like a said . hahahaahha

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Absolutely not so.
    They haven't had decent supply since the Sunderland game.
    Why do you think Clarke and Sharp haven't scored for so long?
    We spend our time f u cking about playing ba st rd triangles until we lose the ball on either touchline.
    Get the ball in to Clarke/Sharp and they will score.
    Donaldson does ok away from home because he has space to work and pace to exploit it.
    absolutely is so. they had the ball and wasted it there movement last night was one dimentional. clarke was ok. donaldson did nothing what soever and wilson just kept fowling. thats my opionion on last nights performance only it isnt an overall view on their part for the season. after first game excitement from the new players they and their legs were not fresh one little bit last night other than evans not one of em made any impact what so ever,like a said not fresh legs at all,and a completely different fitness and intensity in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    I think it we had conceded in a different way, it might not have felt so bad CJJ - but in the last minute like that is heartbreaking and sure to prompt emotive reactions unfortunately
    No one more upset than me mate. Throughly undeserved defeat. Bad nights sleep to boot!! Yet I still can’t see why it warrants the reaction of some. Could be me seeing the game differently!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast