+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary comparison to 2014-15

Scary comparison to 2014-15

After 29 games in the 14-15 season we were 2nd, 1 point above 3rd and 10 points clear of 7th.

This was the season we missed out on the playoffs by losing to Reading on the last day.

This year we are only 8 points above 7th but the rest is the same.

Granted there was a lot more unrest during that year but we remained unbeaten through February.

There now appears to be some unrest creeping in this year.

Can Gary hold it all together? I think him pledging his own future was a very good statement.

I said a few weeks ago if we dont get 2nd itd be that fat bas***d steve bruce that does us, and sadly they seem to be getting all the luck as we head into the final phase. I dont think we'll collapse as bad as that but these next 3 home games are massive now, we need to be winning all 3 really tbh, no less than 7 points, we need a convincing win from 1 of them aswell. Villa have come from nowhere and have the crooked nose w***er with the luck of the devil on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I said a few weeks ago if we dont get 2nd itd be that fat bas***d steve bruce that does us, and sadly they seem to be getting all the luck as we head into the final phase. I dont think we'll collapse as bad as that but these next 3 home games are massive now, we need to be winning all 3 really tbh, no less than 7 points, we need a convincing win from 1 of them aswell. Villa have come from nowhere and have the crooked nose w***er with the luck of the devil on their side.
    A big Steve Bruce fan then?

Plenty of sides still in with a shout. Remember we went quietly about climbing to 2nd not so long ago. We are drawing games that in previous seasons we would have lost. This squad has more resilience and togetherness than the one you refer to.

Long way to go but I still have a sneaky feeling for Fulham.

What do you think of their manager?

The comparison is scary; unfortunately, I think any jitteriness (oooh, didn't get a red line under that one!) can be felt in the crowd, and passed onto the pitch, and back. As a crowd, we are just as guilty as the players sometimes.

A big win to give some confidence to players and fans could be just the remedy we need.

Unbeaten run, clean sheets, Millwall 5 without defeat. That was a decent point last night. It's the home form we should be worrying about so lets all put the razor blades away!

Please y'all, compare to 95/96. Much easier on the old ticker.

Edit: Although our last game against WBA, after we knew we were up, was one of the most lifeless efforts I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    A big Steve Bruce fan then?

Plenty of sides still in with a shout. Remember we went quietly about climbing to 2nd not so long ago. We are drawing games that in previous seasons we would have lost. This squad has more resilience and togetherness than the one you refer to.

Long way to go but I still have a sneaky feeling for Fulham.

What do you think of their manager?
    I think he likes big fat *******s.
    First Donnie now Brucey.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I think he likes big fat *******s.
    First Donnie now Brucey.
    As a matter of pure interest, as this thread is titled 'Scary comparison to 2014-15', are you yet seeing a scary comparison to 2016-2017?

Been a while since I’ve been on here, but the scary comparison continues. That year we needed a point against Reading to make the playoffs and lost 3-0 at home. We need a point against Barnsley.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sma11ytheRam View Post
    Been a while since I’ve been on here, but the scary comparison continues. That year we needed a point against Reading to make the playoffs and lost 3-0 at home. We need a point against Barnsley.......
    The game is the first of potentially 4 cup finals.

I'm nervous already

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)