+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice please

Advice please

Now I am back in the UK permanantly, I am hoping to get to a few matches this year. I have managed to put the kiss of death on matches at The Amex and Olympic Stadium so far, so now I will be coming to up to the game on Saturday against Saints.

I would like some advice on the best method of getting to the ground. I will be driving up early on Saturday morning from Folkestone and am staying at a hotel in Dudley. I know that I have the option of the 74 bus from Dudley to the ground but this seems to take an age to get there. Would I be better off driving to one of the park and rides on the Metro line or would I be better off trying to get a car park from which I could walk to the ground?

Only staying in Dudley because we are going to the Black Country Museum on Sunday.

Any thoughts?

Metro probably your best bet although it can be a bit of a pain after the match (very crowded) Try the BlackLake stop

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Now I am back in the UK permanantly, I am hoping to get to a few matches this year. I have managed to put the kiss of death on matches at The Amex and Olympic Stadium so far, so now I will be coming to up to the game on Saturday against Saints.

I would like some advice on the best method of getting to the ground. I will be driving up early on Saturday morning from Folkestone and am staying at a hotel in Dudley. I know that I have the option of the 74 bus from Dudley to the ground but this seems to take an age to get there. Would I be better off driving to one of the park and rides on the Metro line or would I be better off trying to get a car park from which I could walk to the ground?

Only staying in Dudley because we are going to the Black Country Museum on Sunday.

Any thoughts?
    When I get the chance to go I park literally right next to the ground...costs a fiver...drink with the opposition down the road a bit The Royal Oak...but next time I go I intend to try the Sportsman or The Vine where most of our board goes.

Any thoughts?
    Park at Wednesbury Parkway metro, Leabrook rd easy route from Dudley

Park the West Bromwich side of the motorway roundabout then head into the Sportsman's or the Vine. Plenty of car parks and also free street parking if you are lucky enough to find a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Park the West Bromwich side of the motorway roundabout then head into the Sportsman's or the Vine. Plenty of car parks and also free street parking if you are lucky enough to find a spot.
    Are the car parks signposted Chris and what time would you advise getting there?

Are the car parks signposted Chris and what time would you advise getting there?
    There are normally car park stewards calling you in, hard to miss

To bag a parking spot, near the Sportsman along the High Street, make it no later than say 1.30.

Any thoughts?
    Absolutely wrecks my brain when posters feel their attendance has been the kiss of death for Albion.......

......and then cheerfully reveal their plans to attend important fixtures.

You're clearly something of a football Jonah, a harbinger of doom no less whose impending attendance will cast a shadowed portent.

So for the love of God, Albion and my sanity please leave your car at home and keep it company.

Those are my thoughts, thank you for asking and you're welcome .

I’m hoping to make it 3rd time lucky!��

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)