+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stephen thompson to step down

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    It would appear that ST and MM have designs on a US venture.

If this is true then the development of him standing down was always in their plan.

It was part of the Jets plan.

So what's been achieved with ST standing in a few months?

Truthly, very little if the US reports are to be believed. He was always going to at some stage anyway.

They are still in control of events and will still control the club for the foreseeable.
    The mind boggles that this is happening again.

Maybe they have peaked interest from Ally Borthwick, one of the head honchos with Bank of America who lent the club cash last year.

There's notthing particularly wrong with people having an ambition to do whatever in business.

But what I'm not keen on is owners who have their focus elsewhere.

ST will likely flit to the states and Mike Martin will be chair while focusing on the US venture and his work with HSBC.

So how focussed will they be on United?

Doubt very much.

Problem is that they will need United to be an in play business concern for them to convince this new US league to give them a franchise.

A pawn in their game perhaps.

I can't see United benefiting in the slightest.

Agree, I can't see how United can get any benefit from this and it seems obvious that's not what this is about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-club-USA.html

Oh dear, sister club looking to be setup in the US newly announced 3rd tier

Am I being thick? Where is this £3mill coming from?

I heard the Oz deal was other people's money. Heard it was Chinese cash.

It appears that these trips to the states over the last year wasn't actually to seek investment into United or to find a buyer.

But rather a campaign to raise funds for an American adventure in the third tier of US Soccer.

If things play out as they appear they might then I think it's going to be **** for United.

Quote Originally Posted by arab_pat View Post
    Am I being thick? Where is this £3mill coming from?
    Now there's a surprise! Words fail me and all i see is my team falling by the wayside!

After all that's happened and what he has been responsible for, and then he pulls this s.hite.

FFS what an absolute *******

In response to the oft repeated 5m figure getting thrown about in the press about how much the Thompson's have lost in United I did some digging through the accounts.

So after sitting through the accounts since the Thompson's took over Dundee United it would appear that the figure is actually £2.7million that was *invested* (not loaned or given to Jim McLean for his shares). Nowhere near the fantasy 5m that gets punted about.

If anyone cares to check my maths it's all there on companies house website. But I'm fairly confident as a non accountant.

The 5m is probably adding in the money to Jim and loans that were paid back. So it's a spun figure as the money to Jim doesn't benefit the club financially in anyway and the loans are repaid. Tbf most if not all were interest free.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)