+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Away fans at NYS.

Away fans at NYS.

Why are away fans not held back at the New York Stadium until the home fans have left the ground? Aston Villa fans have been held back until the ground had emptied,as were the Owls fans the other week.Why do South Yorkshire police adopt a different policy at our ground?We are made to go down Don St.and round the council offices only to be confronted with the away fans going in the opposite direction.This is ridiculous and the club should put pressure on the police to go in line with what they do in Sheffield.

It’s so that SY Police can justify the overtime bill.

Last season I asked a copper at NYS the same question. His response was “we don’t really know, the decision is passed down to us”

He added that the decision was made by a senior officer that had never been to a football match in her life, but was based in “intelligence” information about potential trouble makers.

A surprising answer to be honest.

What also annoys me about the alternative exit plan are those tossers that block the roadway with their cars hoping the steward will move the barrier to let them through.

I was told it was against human rights.

Don’t get me started on the idiots in the cars

Here I go again ..............

Let them out.
    Park Coaches in bottom Car Park
    Put Barriers to keep pedestrians in Car Park for 10 mins
    Get SYPT to put buses onto the Station

...and another thing

That “temporary” builders fencing on the corner of Don Street and the exit needs repairing and standing up properly.

Will it have to take somebody having an accident before it’s fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

What also annoys me about the alternative exit plan are those tossers that block the roadway with their cars hoping the steward will move the barrier to let them through.
    yeah dam car drivers using the roads. why the ek cant rufc ban them? it redic

We had this farce last week coming out of the Bradford game the bit where you come out of the car park and sweep left in to Don Street I don't know why but it always reminds me of the Hillsborough disaster (probably an exaggeration but you know where I'm coming from) last week a guy in front of me lost his footing because of the sheer volume of people he was basically caught between the pavement and the road couldn't see where he was walking lost his footing and fell over, thankfully he was OK but you can imagine the scenario he could have been trampled fortunately he was OK and helped to his feet pretty quickly be fellow Millers he was probably in his sixties but it could happen to anybody, it's bloody crazy down there at that time immediately after the end of the match and not very safe in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    We had this farce last week coming out of the Bradford game the bit where you come out of the car park and sweep left in to Don Street I don't know why but it always reminds me of the Hillsborough disaster (probably an exaggeration but you know where I'm coming from) last week a guy in front of me lost his footing because of the sheer volume of people he was basically caught between the pavement and the road couldn't see where he was walking lost his footing and fell over, thankfully he was OK but you can imagine the scenario he could have been trampled fortunately he was OK and helped to his feet pretty quickly be fellow Millers he was probably in his sixties but it could happen to anybody, it's bloody crazy down there at that time immediately after the end of the match and not very safe in my opinion
    I’ve done that myself but didn’t hit the ground just the bloke in front (lucky he wasn’t old and I didn’t knock him over) and e-mailed club about it but they don’t seem bothered, just get everyone away from ground then it’s not their problem is it
    I wait a bit now then walk way from kerb
    Last edited by millertop; 31-01-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Yep, the other scenario that concerns me particularly where away fans come out early like Bradford did when they were being tonked on the pitch ( imagine millwall in a similar situation) is where they deliberately meet up with millers fans at the top of don street for some trouble pushing millers fans back. It could be a night match too which is another issue it is very poorly lit round there.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    You see we never had this problem last season when people left the games gradually over a 20 minute period depending on their stoicism and how far behind we were.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast