+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Team vs Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It was pathetic.

Remember the Shearer penalties - now they were proper pens, even if keeper went the right way 9/10 couldn't stop it.
    Exactly. Pace from that range is all it really takes. Even if the keeper does save it, he's likely to kill it dead and leave you with a chance to follow up. This staggered run, nonchalant passing it into the net **** really doesn't wash with me.

Of course, Shola was the best penalty taker we ever had. Bring him back!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    Ah yeah. He's a great penalty taker. That effort from Joselu was beyond a joke. It's so typical of modern players - they can't do the simple things (like put your foot through a ball from close range and get it on target).
    look at the clip of stoke city .. proper gash , and the sold him!. Can understand buying a player from a decent team cos superstars are keeping him out. But buying a non player from Joke city .. you get what you deserve.

Lets hope Kenedy supplying Slimani will see us starting to fire in the goals, well we can hope

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Lets hope Kenedy supplying Slimani will see us starting to fire in the goals, well we can hope
    then wave them bye bye in may

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    then wave them bye bye in may
    Sadly yes but if they have kept us up thats what matters

I pray you are right.

I actually think you will be mind.

Hopefully the new keeper can keep 12 clean sheets as well.

Sadly yes but if they have kept us up thats what matters
    Agreed.

We stay up and i remain convinced we'll be bought out.

I pray you are right.

I actually think you will be mind.

Hopefully the new keeper can keep 12 clean sheets as well.
    darlow is a liability

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    look at the clip of stoke city .. proper gash , and the sold him!. Can understand buying a player from a decent team cos superstars are keeping him out. But buying a non player from Joke city .. you get what you deserve.
    You get what you can. I don't think anyone seriously thinks Joselu was our number one target. Fact is, he's done better this season than a guy that cost twice as much when we were in the Championship. Shows where we're at. Gayle cost almost twice as much as Joselu and Ayoze put together. How on earth are their lack of goals and ability this season surprising anyone?

Agreed.

We stay up and i remain convinced we'll be bought out.
    Thats the dream season ending scenario stay up and get brought out

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)