+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley game

Burnley game

Frustrating..

Key notes

Yedlin-needs to improve his composure, his pace covers his mistakes but he'd be such a better player if he improves his technical ability.
    Diame- i thought he played well, last couple of games hes improved i think. He does well defensively in terms of cutting out passing lanes and double team closing down
    Perez- shouldnt start next game, he gets himself in good positions but lacks pace, dynamism to do anything with it imagine if we had Ben Arfa picking up the ball on the counter.
    Joselu- f00k me dead.
    Lascalles- love this kid.
    Kenedy- flashes of what he can do, he looks good once he gets a bit more into the groove of things i think he'll do well i wish he had hit that one chance first time instead of crossing, probably would of scored had he smashed it low.

Our transition from defence to midfield is decent just that final third we seriously lack pace if we want to play counter attacking which it seems to be out best outlet we need people to stretch the defensive Joselu and Perez lack the pace. I wouldn't mind seeing Kenedy start in the middle or even Ritchie.

The reason we lost the game is we lost our composure the last 10 minutes gave the ball away to easily invited all the pressure on.

Frustrating draw.

Only one key note needed: play Joselu from the start and you are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Only one key note needed: play Joselu from the start and you are fucked.

Make up a sentence from the following words:

Nail hit you’ve head the on the !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    make up a sentence from the following words:

xdxdxd

Aye - hugely disappointing and frustrating because, once again, we could and should have won (how many times this season?). We finally get a pen and miss it - un be- f*ckin-lievable.

Not sure why Hoss is taking pens although hindsight is a geat thing - surely Perez ahead of him? Hoss gets ths stick (deservedly) because he´s a poor finisher which is unacceptable for a striker. He sums up most of our team - loads of effort and good at some things, just not the most important things that he needs to be good at in his position!!

To be fair Ritchie has offered nothing recently and Atsu´s finishing is worse than Hoss' and weak as pish.

Two positives for me - Diame and Kenedy. Hope the latter can keep it up and doesn´t get dragged down by the others.

Dummet, as always, good in defence and weak in attack. If we can just avoid the drop, a major overhaul is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    Make up a sentence from the following words:

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Aye - hugely disappointing and frustrating because, once again, we could and should have won (how many times this season?).
    As Zip said on another thread.

It's worrying because that is what teams who are relegated say.

We should have won that game and there are a few more before today we should of got something from.

Reason we didn't i put solely at the fat mans door. Cynic in me suggests it has been deliberately done this way to avoid paying wages for those weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    As Zip said on another thread.

It's worrying because that is what teams who are relegated say.

We should have won that game and there are a few more before today we should of got something from.

Reason we didn't i put solely at the fat mans door. Cynic in me suggests it has been deliberately done this way to avoid paying wages for those weeks.
    Not only is the symptom of not winning games we should have there, but so is the symptom of getting decisions against us that were blatantly wrong. They headed the ball out from the first corner, and were inexplicably gifted a second, which they scored from. In a game where we also missed a penalty, that tells me we're doomed no matter what we do! Hope I'm wrong, but how many times have we seen this (and not just at our club)?

We must of done something right Dick dastardly and Muttley ain,t appeared yet

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    We must of done something right Dick dastardly and Muttley ain,t appeared yet
    No no trust me, it's Rafa's fault that Joselu missed that penalty. He could have gotten Sturridge in and ready before this game but because he's such a sh!t manager he couldn't convince him to come so he joined the Premier League bottom team and we ended up with Slimani who is injured which is on Rafa. Rafa's fault y'all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)