+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarke-Harris leaves

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Similar thing with Jordan Bowery (now at Crewe, still not really scoring much) - it's in the locker somewhere but the key holder seems be missing when the contents are needed
    Precisely sawmiller - pity we couldn't help either of them find the key.
    Yates has the key, the lockers wide open but it's empty. Lots of energy though and Warney uses him to tire folks out before putting on a game changer to reap the benefits.

Hoping we will see Ball and Smith up front with Lavery to come on and then Lavery to gradually replace Ball in the starting line up as he starts to net goals. (Would have kept JCH to bring on for Smith - as I can't see any situation in which I would bring on Yates). For Warney energy and commitment trumps talent every time - well he's the manager and he has got us in the playoffs so far - long may it last.

[QUOTE=mellowmiller;38783836]Thank goodness he's gone.
    In over 60 years of watching the Millers I've found him to be one of the most frustrating players ever to wear the club's shirt.
    On the face of it he's got all the physical attributes to be a successful professional footballer but unfortunately he seems to lack the necessary desire to make it. He simply doesn't try hard enough.
    I've watched him in training and in the pre-match warm ups and his application is way behind that of his colleagues.
    Managers aren't stupid and won't put up with that kind of attitude.
    The pro-JCH people say things like "he really made an impact when he came on for the last 20 minutes" and that kind of sums him up for me. The average football match lasts about 100 minutes these days so what's the point of a player who only offers something for 20% of it?
    Perhaps if the club had only paid him 20% of his salary he might have got the message.
    So now he's dropped down to League 2 and we'll see if he can make it at that level. I have my doubts.
    As for the comments about Yates going out on loan, did anyone actually come in for him? I'm not aware there was a queue of clubs clamouring for his services and I suspect he will now drop further down the pecking order at NYS.
    Life after Jonno begins today, will anyone really notice the difference?[/QUOTE

As long as a player is fit to play 90 mins I'm not bothered how he looks in training or pre-match warm -ups. Forget JCH now he's gone. What are we left with. Smith & Ball both are no better than mid-table league 1 players. I'll be watching Coventry closely on goal-rush. Hope Johno starts banging goals in. Got a good teacher in Robins.

I'm sure when we first signed him from Oldham SE said that other Manager's had warned him that he was the most frustrating player they'd worked with and no one seemed to be able to get the best out of him.
    The various RUFC Manager's also failed.
    He went out on loan from us and no one wanted him back.
    There's a theme with JCH

Let's be honest, JCH hasn't improved one iota since the day we signed him and he needed to go elsewhere to see if he can kick start a career which is going downhill fast.
    When Evans first signed him I vividly remember him saying we had a player who would lead the line for Rotherham for the next 10 years. In reality he rarely led the line for the next 10 minutes 😕
    If I was a Coventry supporter I wouldn't be doing cartwheels about signing a striker with a goalscoring record of 1 in 8.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Let's be honest, JCH hasn't improved one iota since the day we signed him and he needed to go elsewhere to see if he can kick start a career which is going downhill fast.
    When Evans first signed him I vividly remember him saying we had a player who would lead the line for Rotherham for the next 10 years. In reality he rarely led the line for the next 10 minutes ��
    If I was a Coventry supporter I wouldn't be doing cartwheels about signing a striker with a goalscoring record of 1 in 8.
    It says it all that the best moment of his millers career was the goal against Leeds on his home debut, it never got any better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Definitely looked like Bowery would be a good player, maybe it’s down to laziness , I’d say he’s let himself down, hope Jono doesn’t go the same way
    Ok maybe JCH was guilty of the cardinal sin of not being good at running around cones. I seen to remember that Adam Le Fondre attracted the same comments.

What JCH needed was a run of games not a few infrequent 20 minute run outs. Maybe he will get those games now and we will be in a better podition to judge him.

I almost posted last night. Gl JCH thanks for the memories.
    Then realised there was a net busting pen, though the one that nearly hit the score board is talked about more . And a 25 yard goal. Think that's it. Not exactly memorable.
    Any way Gl JCH thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Ok maybe JCH was guilty of the cardinal sin of not being good at running around cones. I seen to remember that Adam Le Fondre attracted the same comments.

What JCH needed was a run of games not a few infrequent 20 minute run outs. Maybe he will get those games now and we will be in a better podition to judge him.
    I don't understand this "what JCH needed was a run of games." No, what JCH needed was to EARN a run of games.
    He never did that so successive managers gave up on him.
    Let's see what Mark Robins makes of him in the basement division.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I don't understand this "what JCH needed was a run of games." No, what JCH needed was to EARN a run of games.
    He never did that so successive managers gave up on him.
    Let's see what Mark Robins makes of him in the basement division.

You got your wish, he’s gone, why are you still digging?

The points come from the league games btw not what goes on in training

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    You got your wish, he’s gone, why are you still digging?

The points come from the league games btw not what goes on in training
    Because I'm entitled to my opinion aren't I?
    Or do I have to check with you first about what I can say?
    Just so you know, managers usually decide who gets into the team based on what they see in training. JCH rarely did himself justice which is why he was usually on the bench.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast