+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarke-Harris leaves

He joined us as a rookie striker with lots of potential and leaves as a bigger built rookie striker with lots of potential 😕
    All the best Jonno

League Two is probably more his level, Yates too, maybe the National League for him.

Good luck Jono...we wont be seeing you in a Millers shirt again

Thank goodness he's gone.
    In over 60 years of watching the Millers I've found him to be one of the most frustrating players ever to wear the club's shirt.
    On the face of it he's got all the physical attributes to be a successful professional footballer but unfortunately he seems to lack the necessary desire to make it. He simply doesn't try hard enough.
    I've watched him in training and in the pre-match warm ups and his application is way behind that of his colleagues.
    Managers aren't stupid and won't put up with that kind of attitude.
    The pro-JCH people say things like "he really made an impact when he came on for the last 20 minutes" and that kind of sums him up for me. The average football match lasts about 100 minutes these days so what's the point of a player who only offers something for 20% of it?
    Perhaps if the club had only paid him 20% of his salary he might have got the message.
    So now he's dropped down to League 2 and we'll see if he can make it at that level. I have my doubts.
    As for the comments about Yates going out on loan, did anyone actually come in for him? I'm not aware there was a queue of clubs clamouring for his services and I suspect he will now drop further down the pecking order at NYS.
    Life after Jonno begins today, will anyone really notice the difference?

100% agree, Mellow.

Said on the other thread mellow. I'm not sure if the club have to register the player available for loan as they do when selling a player. Just a bit strange the Paul Davis report saying bray gone jch could also be going. The only other player made available was Wiles.. just lead me to believe there's some kind of list that's distributed between clubs..

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Thank goodness he's gone.
    In over 60 years of watching the Millers I've found him to be one of the most frustrating players ever to wear the club's shirt.
    On the face of it he's got all the physical attributes to be a successful professional footballer but unfortunately he seems to lack the necessary desire to make it. He simply doesn't try hard enough.
    I've watched him in training and in the pre-match warm ups and his application is way behind that of his colleagues.
    Managers aren't stupid and won't put up with that kind of attitude.
    The pro-JCH people say things like "he really made an impact when he came on for the last 20 minutes" and that kind of sums him up for me. The average football match lasts about 100 minutes these days so what's the point of a player who only offers something for 20% of it?
    Perhaps if the club had only paid him 20% of his salary he might have got the message.
    So now he's dropped down to League 2 and we'll see if he can make it at that level. I have my doubts.
    As for the comments about Yates going out on loan, did anyone actually come in for him? I'm not aware there was a queue of clubs clamouring for his services and I suspect he will now drop further down the pecking order at NYS.
    Life after Jonno begins today, will anyone really notice the difference?

Similar thing with Jordan Bowery (now at Crewe, still not really scoring much) - it's in the locker somewhere but the key holder seems be missing when the contents are needed

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Said on the other thread mellow. I'm not sure if the club have to register the player available for loan as they do when selling a player. Just a bit strange the Paul Davis report saying bray gone jch could also be going. The only other player made available was Wiles.. just lead me to believe there's some kind of list that's distributed between clubs..
    I think you're probably right Cayton, there may well be an "available for loan list" similar to the "available for transfer" list. I guess if a player's name appears on both he knows his time is up 😊

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Similar thing with Jordan Bowery (now at Crewe, still not really scoring much) - it's in the locker somewhere but the key holder seems be missing when the contents are needed
    Good analogy 👍

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Definitely looked like Bowery would be a good player, maybe it’s down to laziness , I’d say he’s let himself down, hope Jono doesn’t go the same way

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast