+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are desperate for a striker

We are desperate for a striker

Watched the whole game tonight. I am a fan of Ashley B and Sam V, but despite all the hard work they put in they don't really score the numbers we would all like (at the end of the day they do work hard enough) and I am a little disappointed with Chris Wood as he has now missed more games than he has played - his injury seems a bit odd as he came of the match with just a knock but suddenly it has expanded into a serious injury (or he is just a mard arse). Looks that we will not get anyone other than the recent signings - but it is a striker that is needed more than anything else. I would have considered Patrick Roberts who is out on loan from Man City, but I am sure there are others.

Think we have the strikers ,but if they aren't given any service they won't score.. let's see if Lennon and him who's name I can't remember make any difference ..Sooner Wood us fit the better .. Didn't watch the game but everybody seems to be giving Hendrick plenty of pain..

IMHO we've been a bit unlucky with Wood, but there's time left to see him back on the pitch fit and firing. The others aren't as good, but work hard, just lack a bit of composure and quality.
    With regards Hendrick, he's a bit of a luxury in an attacking sense, but probably on the pitch to give us flexibility to drop back if we're being overrun. With the current injury to Defour I can't see him not playing, cos his likely replacement is not going to offer the stature and strength he brings.
    We are really just batting out time I feel, Pick up these odd points and maybe limp along to a top 10 finish?

We have Wells and he deserves a start now he’s fit.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Think we have the strikers ,but if they aren't given any service they won't score.. let's see if Lennon and him who's name I can't remember make any difference ..Sooner Wood us fit the better .. Didn't watch the game but everybody seems to be giving Hendrick plenty of pain..
    Ashley Barnes missed an absolute sitter last night being clear on goal.PL strikers 9 times out of 10 put them chances away.I said we needed a striker in this window and I maintain that view.I feel the club has decided that we will limp up to the obligatory 40 points at some stage and rethink in the Summer window.We seem to just play to defend and hope to sneak a goal at some stage-but for that you need a good finisher(s).

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Ashley Barnes missed an absolute sitter last night being clear on goal.PL strikers 9 times out of 10 put them chances away.I said we needed a striker in this window and I maintain that view.I feel the club has decided that we will limp up to the obligatory 40 points at some stage and rethink in the Summer window.We seem to just play to defend and hope to sneak a goal at some stage-but for that you need a good finisher(s).
    i am with CIB here and wish i was in Budapest but we need a striker to put pressure on Vokes and Barnes and add an option but knackered Wells is not it-

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    i am with CIB here and wish i was in Budapest but we need a striker to put pressure on Vokes and Barnes and add an option but knackered Wells is not it-

Ok then Now the deadline has passed who do you suggest?

These are out of contract centre forwards! One valued at £2.5m the rest below £1.5m

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spiele...=alle&yt0=Show

These are secondary strikers again highest value £1.5m

Last edited by oldcolner; 01-02-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Ok then Now the deadline has passed who do you suggest?

These are out of contract centre forwards! One valued at £2.5m the rest below £1.5m

These are secondary strikers again highest value £1.5m

None of the above in truth oldcolner.

This is the first game that I have missed visually, either at the game or streaming. I listened to the game through Clarets Player and two things struck a cord. The amount of times Pope kicked the ball in to touch and, apart from one header, every time the name Hendricks was mentioned the pass came to nothing or went to one of their players. (Those who watched the game may have a different opinion).
    I appreciate that once you have a 'Downer' on a player everything he does wrong seems to be amplified, as though you are looking for him to make a mistake BUT... he does seem to be 'Poor'....

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    This is the first game that I have missed visually, either at the game or streaming. I listened to the game through Clarets Player and two things struck a cord. The amount of times Pope kicked the ball in to touch and, apart from one header, every time the name Hendricks was mentioned the pass came to nothing or went to one of their players. (Those who watched the game may have a different opinion).
    I appreciate that once you have a 'Downer' on a player everything he does wrong seems to be amplified, as though you are looking for him to make a mistake BUT... he does seem to be 'Poor'....
    I think it has been mentioned on a few threads that Pope’s kicking is an area of his game that he needs to work on. His shot stopping is excellent and he has been a very able deputy while Tom is out. I am not sure about Hendrick as I have not been to enough matches. Can score some good goals. Is he being played out of position?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)