+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mason Bennett

Mason Bennett

Mason Bennett has joined League 2 side Notts County on a season long loan.

Notts County will be a perfect move for Mason to get game time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dcfcoffic...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Gone there, apparently, to get game time as a central striker. A place GR sees as mason's best role.

I think the club must have shown more patience with MB than any player I can remember. Will he ever amount to much?

There is a real danger that he will remain the perennial prospect. Looked to have fought his way into the side and then injured himself 10 minutes in. Got fit again, played central striker last week in the U23, one goal and one assist.

He has to deliver sufficient at Meadow Lane to convince GR or he will be surplus come the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I think the club must have shown more patience with MB than any player I can remember. Will he ever amount to much?
    Doubt it, getting on a bit now, not the young starlet he once was, which is a shame really as I thought he could have been a top striker but maybe lower tier football is the best he can hope for now as he is certainly not going to knock Vydra, Nugent, Jerome etc off their perch any time soon....

ramAnag The simple answer to Bennett no I don't think he will ever amount to anything The lad has been handled poorly IMO was pushed in miles to early at 15 before his body was ready He's had injury after injury pushed out on loan to many times None of them successful through either not playing or injury Feel sorry for the lad because nobody seems capable of deciding what he is a winger or a striker I saw in Under23s two weeks ago he played well looked strong and fast so I would love to be proved wrong Sure Kevin Nolan must see something in him to take him to Notts

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    There's a nice story there, youngest player, local lad etc so I get the emotional attachment that both club and fan have with him. Truth is, he hasn't shown himself to be good enough at any level - even at loan at Bradford.

It happens, life is like that - the band I was in as a ****ager never did get that album deal but we all get on with it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)