+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinion of the January Transfer Window

Opinion of the January Transfer Window

My main concern was that we didn't get a striker.
    We have suffered all season - in making loads of chances - and no one there to score.
    But we got that striker this time - so overall I'm happy with the transfer window.
    The signing of McBurnie is likely to be the difference of staying in the Championship.
    At last we have a proper goal scorer that will bring the best out of our other strikers.
    Moore also looks impressive and will go onto big things.

However, there is a negative in this transfer window - and that's the inability of the club to get some signings - mostly French signings - over the line.
    So there is a problem at the club that needs sorting out.
    I've never been convinced by Ganaye - but if you look at the players that have been brought in then the problem might not lie with Ganaye.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    My main concern was that we didn't get a striker.
    We signed a striker the first week of the transfer window

[QUOTE=Young_Nudger;38783673]My main concern was that we didn't get a striker.
    We have suffered all season - in making loads of chances - and no one there to score.
    But we got that striker this time - so overall I'm happy with the transfer window.
    The signing of McBurnie is likely to be the difference of staying in the Championship.
    At last we have a proper goal scorer that will bring the best out of our other strikers.
    Moore also looks impressive and will go onto big things.

However, there is a negative in this transfer window - and that's the inability of the club to get some signings - mostly French signings - over the line.
    So there is a problem at the club that needs sorting out.
    I've never been convinced by Ganaye - but if you look at the players that have been brought in then the problem might not lie with Ganaye.[/QUOTEEver

Why does it have to be an issue at the club?
    Perhaps it was greed and they’d priced themselves out, perhaps their agents said hold out for more their minted and desperate.

Should have said - my main concern was we 'wouldn't get a another striker' before the window closed.
    Don't know how to edit on here.

But quite chuffed with what we got - Moore, who I think is an excellent player, big lad, so strong in the air but also has really good feet for such a big guy.
    And McBurnie - who, with the bit I've seen of him, is a quality striker. Especially at Championship level.

Good window for me totally new spine to the team.

Underwhelming but the proof will be in the pudding .

No idea what any of these lads are like but they’re coming into a team that has solidified of late in the league (except shat first half tactics v villa and cavare losing his mind) and we’ve got a very important month. The furore about about these 2 strikers being our saviours is a bit overboard as they’re both new and unproven at this level but I’ll be right behind them as it’s my team.

My big concern is not getting another keeper in. Davies is too comfortable and need someone pushing him or better still replacing him, he's a very good shot stopper but he still doesn't know whether to come for a ball or stay on his line and he could cost us dear with his stuttering decision making.

I'm happy, let's hope our trainers can come up with a solid team out of the squad now.
    We still need 8 more wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    My big concern is not getting another keeper in. Davies is too comfortable and need someone pushing him or better still replacing him, he's a very good shot stopper but he still doesn't know whether to come for a ball or stay on his line and he could cost us dear with his stuttering decision making.

Don't we have Matt Murray as our GK coach
    Mind you didn't we have the same issues with Luke Steele
    Why can't we get it right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast