+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast menu today...

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Well done to the board and everyone else involved for three things: bringing new players in, not selling our best players and allowing FKB to feel superior to his fellow Blades. Sounds like he needed that.
    Maybe he just got fed up of posters falling over themselves to tell us how the board were going to leave chris high and dry with sub standard players he didn't really want whilst selling all his best performers from under his nose on a daily basis,and thinks that some of them should just admit they got it spectacularly wrong,nowt wrong with that imo

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Not superior CD, just curious as to who of those that were happy to post heavily, predicting disaster before the window, (and all kinds of 'consequence stories' off the back of it)... because 'its typical United', might be prepared to give the directors and the management team a pat on the back for another successful and positive transfer window. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but I believe firmly that it should be checked for validity now and again.
    This was posted whilst I was trying to write my post sometimes it takes me a while to get it online as usually have 3 or 4 other things to do at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    This was posted whilst I was trying to write my post sometimes it takes me a while to get it online as usually have 3 or 4 other things to do at the same time
    Great minds think alike, as do fools...

Lets leave it at 'great'

I had porridge thanks - with a couple of raspberries/blueberrys on it

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    I had porridge thanks - with a couple of raspberries/blueberrys on it
    Please don't blow any raspberries Aya, you don't want to be seen as being even a tiny bit critical.

Some on here think it's heresy to criticise. and fervent supplication should be the order of the day.

Just enjoy the bread and wine while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Maybe he just got fed up of posters falling over themselves to tell us how the board were going to leave chris high and dry with sub standard players he didn't really want whilst selling all his best performers from under his nose on a daily basis,and thinks that some of them should just admit they got it spectacularly wrong,nowt wrong with that imo
    Maybe. Although you'll notice that I've said well done to the board for strengthening and not selling the family silver. I have no issue with being wrong; in fact, when it's something like this, I'm delighted to be proved so. Difference is, I - unlike certain other supercilious posters on here - don't gloat when I'm right.

Also, as an aside, I don't think anyone had said that it was definitely going to be a disaster, just that previous experience had suggested that it wasn't worth creaming our pants over a successful window until the clock struck 11pm. I stand by that; we've been let down before. Thankfully we weren't this time, so well done to the board and to the management team for giving us a transfer window we can be happy with.

This window has been anything but the norm regarding the 4 early incomings being exactly who Wilder wanted, and the fact we’ve not lost one of our better players is the icing on the cake.

However, whilst I’ve justifiably acknowledged this fine effort in my previous post, anybody who thinks some were wrong or even out of order to be concerned and fear the worst based on our previous transfer window experiences must have been living in cloud cuckoo land for most of this century.

It is a huge step forward and yes well done for allowing CW to get his targets early. The last minute knife in the back, we usually get, never materialised so again money is being invested. However I think it is dangerous to ever become too satisfied and complacent. The next step for the board is to provide the kind of investment that puts us on a par with all the teams in the top 6. Incredible how far we have come in the last year but let’s keep pushing forward and make that gap wider.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Please don't blow any raspberries Aya, you don't want to be seen as being even a tiny bit critical.

Some on here think it's heresy to criticise. and fervent supplication should be the order of the day.

Just enjoy the bread and wine while it lasts.
    Where would this board be without a bit of criticism tho? We'd all be bored silly

interesting post lst im with you on those points unless a new investor comes in i think its inevatable that brooks will have to be sold for chris to get sufficient funds for a bit more quality for a promotion push again next season if we dont go up this time the final third worries me and will need significant investment in that area if were to continue our progress

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast