+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Summer 2018

Summer 2018

We have a big summer coming up as we need to sign at least 2 central midfielders, a winger & a left back plus try to get Christie permanently, also need to replace anyone whom leaves/let go

Any targets whom are out of contract, we should offer them pre-contracts asap

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    We have a big summer coming up as we need to sign at least 2 central midfielders, a winger & a left back plus try to get Christie permanently, also need to replace anyone whom leaves/let go

Any targets whom are out of contract, we should offer them pre-contracts asap
    We will have offers out there.
    Dylan McGeoch for one.
    McInnes always says he looks two windows ahead.

Who’s likely to be gone?
    Rogers
    Arnason
    O’Connor
    Stewart
    Christie
    Maynard
    Ball

For first X1, I think we need 2 centre mids.
    A “10”
    A left back ideally too.
    We’d then need one or two squad fillers like an O’Connor/Ball type for example.

Priority has to be left back.

Considine has let the team down so often and gets torn a new one every second game. McInnes has been too loyal to him for to long.

I would then be targeting a striker as I've seen nothing to suggest that Stevie May is the answer plus he appears to be the new Jamie Smith.

Midfield, yes we could do with two solid central midfielders that would allow Shinnie to move to left back but I don't see that happening to be honest.

Hopefully Devlin has still got it and ham'n'eggs it well with McKenna.

The simple solution would be that Ball, Chidi and O'Connor go, get a left back in and Considine steps up to CDM

Harvie could be the solution but we’ll probably never find out.

Consi is fine for most games but the Huns & Tims definitely target him.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    The simple solution would be that Ball, Chidi and O'Connor go, get a left back in and Considine steps up to CDM
    Considine as a holding midfielder is about as potty a suggestion as I've ever read on here.

Seen a few comments recently too that we he's a solution at centre back - no, no he's not. He never has been. This has been proven time and again over the years. He is undoubtedly useful cover to have in the left back or centre back areas, but he is the last survivor of those teams of times past when we routinely bottled it on the big stage. We're still doing it today!

The big space to fill is McLean. We need a quality central midfielder. Ideally we'd get two and play Shinnie at left back.

If we can't secure Christie, then we also need a new player to play off the front - perhaps McInnes sees McGeough as this player.

I'd personally not be disappointed to see O'Connor leave and for Arnason to re-sign. It is utterly baffling that we have an experienced internationalist warming the bench when we have a journeyman playing in his position and not exactly excelling.

There must be plenty of players we can bring in to pad out the squad who would be at least as effective as Ball, O'Connor, Maynard etc.