+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Ben Hall and Mason Bennett

Welcome Ben Hall and Mason Bennett

I didn't follow transfer deadline day as avidly as some on here. But, despite the chagrin on some threads, it looks like we did some good business to me.

We all knew we wanted a new CB and CF - preferably both with a bit of pace. We got them! This is good news!

Hall gives us desperately needed cover at CB and hopefully means Hewitt can stay in CM for the rest of the season.

Bennett was in Rowetts thoughts for a first team place at Derby the start of the season (see link below). So he has to be good enough for us He's desperate to add goals to his game. Let's hope he does that at Notts.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spor...t-mason-482409

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I didn't follow transfer deadline day as avidly as some on here. But, despite the chagrin on some threads, it looks like we did some good business to me.

We all knew we wanted a new CB and CF - preferably both with a bit of pace. We got them! This is good news!

Hall gives us desperately needed cover at CB and hopefully means Hewitt can stay in CM for the rest of the season.

Bennett was in Rowetts thoughts for a first team place at Derby the start of the season (see link below). So he has to be good enough for us He's desperate to add goals to his game. Let's hope he does that at Notts.

Welcome to both and I hope they both do well. My original comments remain that signing a decent striker in the January Window for Notts with the exception of Shola has been a mystery for decades. And he's an old man! I do think if that lad has goals he'd have shown them by now so hopefully Stead will keep bangin' em' in.

Yep, happy with both, this time last season we had a couple of unknowns come in and do a decent job. I just hope the 'knockers' on here give them a chance before they've even kicked a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Yep, happy with both, this time last season we had a couple of unknowns come in and do a decent job. I just hope the 'knockers' on here give them a chance before they've even kicked a ball.
    I dont think anyone on 'here' doesnt give anyone a chance. I do think that the new lad up front needs to get off to a good start to prove any doubters wrong and also keep doing it....as he never has before. Nolan has got the best out of others so I am sure he can do it with him.

I must admit that I was a bit underwhelmed at 11.30 last night with the signing of Mason Bennett but having spoken to a Derby fan this morning I am feeling a bit more confident. He reckons he is **** hot and will tear up our league.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I must admit that I was a bit underwhelmed at 11.30 last night with the signing of Mason Bennett but having spoken to a Derby fan this morning I am feeling a bit more confident. He reckons he is **** hot and will tear up our league.
    http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...layer_id=61233

To be honest we signed Grant and Yates in the summer and I had never heard of both, they were both bit part players at forest and came to us as raw young talents and that worked out like a treat, lets hope Bennet hits the ground running and bangs a couple in against Crewe this weekend, Hall sounds like a decent signing indeed, Chris Houghton really rates him so that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post

I like this. Positive vibes!

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    To be honest we signed Grant and Yates in the summer and I had never heard of both
    You didn't hear of Grant while he was playing for us last season then?

Lets hope Bennett plays from the start and not out wide.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast